LED 500 v's LED 700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi CaliJoe,

The upgrade price to retro fit the MR11 head (HID only) to an LED700 is $150. The upgrade is only possible for lights that have the black metal hard coat.
You can send the light in directly to us. Dive Rite will only accept returned equipment that has been issued a “Return Authorization Number” from the Dive Rite Service Department. To request a Return Authorization Number, call Dive Rite Service at 1-386-752-1087 and provide the following information:

• Detailed description of the problem
  • Product name, model number and serial number (if applicable)
  • Date of Purchase
Ship well-packed and protected to:

• Dive Rite
    RA # XXXXXX
    175 NW Washington Street
    Lake City, Florida 32055
Dive Rite will only receive product that has a valid “Return Authorization Number” plainly visible on the outside of the box. Dive Rite is not responsible for damage due to shipping so be sure to pack carefully.

Best,
Ag

Can you elaborate on other upgrades that DiveRite offers (when upgrading from MR11 or HID10).
Specifically, I'm looking for a variable/adjustable focus globe (as the one available in the HID10) but I need more power as in the HID35/50 or LED700.

1. Can a HID 35/50W bulb be plugged in the HID10?
2. Can MR11 be upgraded to a variable focus with HID 35/50W bulb?
3. Can the LED700 possible come with a variable globe/focus?
4. Any other suggestions on how to achieve the above?

Hi Obahat,

Thanks for your questions. The upgrades Dive Rite offers are designed to make use of existing compatible parts.

The ballast for the 50W is twice the diameter of the 10W (both HID10 and MR11) and as such the head metal is not compatible. Further the battery that the 10W uses will not support a 50W light.

The LED 700 has been designed to be a fixed focus light. If you are looking for a variable globe focus light keep an eye out as we will be releasing a new HID, the H1000 very shortly which will have this feature.

If you need the brightness of a 35/50W you will have to buy the actual light.

Hope this answers all your questions. If not, don't hesitate to ask.

Best,
Ag

Nevermind - posted before I read the entire thread.

When will the LED 700 be released? I ordered one from diveriteexpress 2 weeks ago. They said they are waiting to recieve them from dive rite. I was at Ginnie yesterday and would have loved to try it out. Guess I'll just have to make another trip:D. Thanks.

When will the LED 700 be released? I ordered one from diveriteexpress 2 weeks ago. They said they are waiting to recieve them from dive rite. I was at Ginnie yesterday and would have loved to try it out. Guess I'll just have to make another trip:D. Thanks.

Hi Mike,

The LED 700 has been shipping out all last week. I hope you've had a chance to use the light already.

Sorry Vioch, working on fixing the link.

Best,
Ag

yea got it the day after I made the post. thanks

Have you dove it? I'm wondering if the color/penetration of the LED is comparable to the HID? I know the ads and blog are saying so, but I'd like an opinion outside of the manufacturer (no offense intended to Dive Rite on this comment). If the characteristics are similar to the HID I'll seriously consider the LED refit. The conversion isn't much more than the HID bulb....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom