LED16W Canister System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried different arrangements also, and for me it came down to this:
I want to use my BCD controls with my left hand WHILE looking at my computer. Therefore my computer has to be on the right hand. I want to be able to use the light to see my computer, so the light head has to go on the left hand. To keep the weight balanced I put the canister on the right. Golly gee.. Isn’t this DIR? (Minus the computer) Maybe those guys have a point :wink:

DIR says to do it this way:

"The canister is mounted on the right side of the waist belt, as far back towards the backplate as possible and is held in place with a separate weight-belt buckle which retains the canister when de-kitting on the surface prior to entering a RIB for example. The light cord is just long enough to reach from the canister to a functional position in the left hand. The light head is mounted on the back of the hand leaving the fingers free to manipulate reels or other equipment..."
Source: Are you Doing it Right? - DIR Explorers

The only negative I see to this arrangement is the cord in front of you can be in the way sometimes (Esp if you have a seven foot primary hose). I'm still learning how to do it however. The length of the cord is designed to be used this way and with both the can and head on the same side the cord might be a little long.

I can still manage to turn my gauges with my right hand so I can see them, and illuminate them with the left in my left hand.

With a system as light as the Hollis LED, I think you could get by with both the canister and the light head on one side. If need be, just move 2 lbs of lead from one side to the other.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom