Left my divelog in rental car in Fort Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

masterlucas3:
To be honest, i dont even see the reason to even have a log book if you dive pretty often, i wouldnt even care if i was you, honesty, they show no real proof of anything.

Perhaps, just perhaps, it's not about proof. I'm not out to prove anything to anyone, but I keep a log religiously - for me. I wouldn't want to lose my log or even an early volume of my log.

I've decided to start scanning my pages. I do so much doodling on the pages, I would hate to try to input that into a computer program.

I suppose that I wouldn't be quite as concerned if I had lots of dives already, but I do reference my previous info quite often, especially the weight I was carrying.

Lots of personal stuff, too. Names of dive buddies from around the world. My opinions of dive sites, companies, taxis, who impressed me, who ticked me off.:shakehead:

My log book has tons of memories, various amounts I was weighted in different types of water, oh, and I did mention memories, right? And they make the logbooks so nice with those slots for cert cards...dammit, now I have to put my card in my wallet *looks around frantically*.

To be honest, i dont even see the reason to even have a log book if you dive pretty often, i wouldnt even care if i was you, honesty, they show no real proof of anything.

On the other hand, I don't see a reason to have one UNLESS you dive pretty often. I refer to my logbook to confirm depths and dive times, refresh my memory as to conditions and points of interest on certain wrecks, look back on actual gas consumption vs plan, gear configuration, etc. That info is really useful since I dive often.

If I only did 10 dives a year on vacation and my log book pages said "wore rented gear, dove with strangers, saw some fish on a nice reef" it would be a lot less useful.

Perhaps, just perhaps, it's not about proof. I'm not out to prove anything to anyone, but I keep a log religiously - for me. I wouldn't want to lose my log or even an early volume of my log.

Same here.

Several years ago I had a nearly full volume of the log in my truck while at the dive shop. I looked out the window to see what I thought was my truck being stolen.

The first thought through my mind was "My log book is in there!"

True story, besides insurance can replace most of the rest. But memories and experience (look ups from previous dives for data) are hard to duplicate.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom