Legend LX Supreme...is it worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are very good regs. Whether it's the reg for you is something that only you can decide. I know a few people that have them and they are very pleased with them. It is one I would consider if I was in the market for a new regulator.

Scott

Hell No what YOU want is a...just kidding!

See if the shop has a "Try before you buy" program or maybe someone there owns one and can let you use it.

I picked up a Legend LX Supreme last year and relegated my Scubapro Mk25/S600 (which I've had for 3 years) to a pony bottle. The Mk25 might deliver more air in extreme tests, but the Legend gives a more natural feeling, easy breath at depth.

Hey I bought one last year sweeeeeeeeeett Reg.... and im looking for another sooooo... if your friend still has any left at 280.00 hes got a deal here!!

Just a different twist on the topic but, why not a "Legend" over a "Supreme" or "LX Supreme"?

Do you need the extras (dry seal, heat exchanger) for cold water? Do you need the extra inhalation adjustment knob?

Aside from these features and the nice silver and brass finish metal trappings, the specs match up very close. So, is it worth the cost difference between Legend models?

kent_1848:
Any opinions on the Legend LX Supreme. Is it worth the money?

I own 8 personal Legend LX Supremes, my entire staff uses them. We sell more than 90% of our customers Legend LX Supremes.

We used these on the 2004 USS Monitor project and others projects throught the year with OUTSTANDING performance.

You would be hard pressed to find a better regulator on the market today.

Regards,

Joel Silverstein

kent_1848:
Any opinions on the Legend LX Supreme. Is it worth the money?

I bought an LX supreme this year, and got that particular one (cold water version) even though I dive almost exclusively in tropical water--oddly it was actually cheaper than the LX for some reason (bought here in SE Asia).

Anyway, I'm very pleased with it. Delivers air easily even when I'm working hard at depth. Did lots of deep dives against moderate currents in Maldives (looking for hammerheads), and found it smooth all the way.

I have a scubapro mk25/x650 and an apeks atx 200 and a legend lx. The lengend lx is as good as the apeks at depth and better or easyer breathing than the scubapro. More natural as someone already said. So anyone who wants a brand new mk25 af and x650 with an r390 occy let me know.

Hi Kent,
Well, I bought my Legend LX Supreme/Legend Octo set last year at the beginning of the season and have never had it in salt water. However, I was lucky enough to do sixty or seventy COLD water dives on it and I can honestly say that this "over-balanced" cold-water reg set is very sweet! A vast number of these dives were done in northern Lake Huron where temps are quite cool (low 40's and below) and to a maximum depth of 150' although most dives occurred in the 60' - 130' range. This reg performs VERY well at depth with no apparent difficulty in breathing. I carry a pony (xtra weight) and max out bottom time, with moderate to heavy workloads and the reg never left me "wanting" for more air - as many other regs seem to...
So...my advice: this is life-saving equipment, and you will never regret buying the best you can afford!!

I bought the Legend LX Supreme last year, & I love it. I went w/ the supreme mainly for looks, as all my equipment was black/blue/ & grey it looked nicer (I also like the idea that if I wanted to I could dive in freezing conditions). I like having the extra knob, as I make a lot of surf entries. I turn everything down because I've been knocked over, & had the reg. torn out of my mouth. With everything turned down the reg hasn't freeflowd. Then I adjust the reg. when conditions permit.

I have also used the Scuba Pro Mark25/ 600 reg. It is also a good reg. worked the same. The mouth peice was a little more comfortable, & the 2nd stage was a few ounces lighter. However the The Legend LX Supreme felt a little sturdier to me, but my opinion on the build quality, is just based on feel.

Back
Top Bottom