Leisurepro question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've purchased several high price items from LP and all my experiences have been great!

I was considering getting an Aqualung 1st stage and 2nd stage, plus a suunto console from Leisure pro. The price they have is almost half the LDS price. I understand the warranty issue. My question is, has anybody here dealt with leisurepro before, are they a good reputable company. I figure they have to be safer than ebay in that I would know for sure that the gear was at least brand new.​

Thx.

Dave.​

I have purchased several items over the last few years from LeisurePro and never had any problems. Everything was brand new and unopened in the original package.

I have also returned some items simply because I changed my mind. I called and got an RMA and sent it back to LeirurePro. They put the credit on credit card as soon as they received the merchandise.

The RMA person is a little brusque on the phone "All set you will get the RMA via email in five minutes goodbye." I interpret that as being efficient but some other get offended.

It's good to have you here, Brett.

I know, you know, and a lot of folks here on ScubaBoard know that LP reps had been kind of shy in the past about participating directly.

--Marek

Marek,

Thanks, It's good to be here and I'm glad to be the official face of Leisure Pro on SB.

Of the gear I have seen fail, 90% of it hasn't been serviced within 2 years. I don't understand why someone would spend $3K to go on a dive trip but not spend $100 to get their reg, BC, and computer serviced before they go. Especially when it's been 5 years since it was last serviced.

I don't know why my experience has been so different but 90% of the equipment failures I have seen are on gear that has "just been serviced".

Of the gear I have seen fail, 90% of it hasn't been serviced within 2 years. I don't understand why someone would spend $3K to go on a dive trip but not spend $100 to get their reg, BC, and computer serviced before they go. Especially when it's been 5 years since it was last serviced.

I have seen for myself and read many times over here on the board just the opposite. While I'm not recommending this, I know of someone who has been diving a regulator set for about ten years without service at all and has never had a problem. I do service all my regulators annually but I am most cautious the first few dives afterwords.

I bought 2 used regs from Craigslist and paid $71 each for a service/parts. On the Leisure Pro topic, I've ordered lots of things with them and never had a single problem. I ordered a pair of Suunto Vypers (the wrist mounted version of the Cobra) and they have worked beautifully. They even sent an extra battery and o-ring with them and said they would honor any manufacturer warranty, although thankfully we've not had any problems to test it.

I don't know why my experience has been so different but 90% of the equipment failures I have seen are on gear that has "just been serviced".

your observation is spot on. this has been the topic of numerous articles but you can also talk to any dive operator if you have doubts: the VAST majority of regulator problems occur on the first dive after a service.

I bought my son a very nice (and not cheap) dive watch for Christmas last year from LP. Had no problems. They are a member of the Better Business Bureau with a satisfactory record.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom