Lembeh or Ambon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice!! More than one, or just that one? Pretty frequent sightings, or just sporadic? Tell me that's on your house reef :)

Just to get in your head even more...here is one of three I saw in Ambon Bay a little bit ago. :)
rino-1.jpg

Don't forget the flambuoyant cuttlefish in Ambon. Last Nov I saw at least a dozen of various sizes (total count).

Nice!! More than one, or just that one? Pretty frequent sightings, or just sporadic? Tell me that's on your house reef :)
Wish it were a little bit more frequent, I dived Lembeh a few months ago without any rhinopias sightings we "almost" got a specimen on a site where out of the four boats mooring and the 20 something divers around, one group saw one.
Whereas in Ambon like said above it is not uncommon spotting two or even three rhinopias in one dive, weedy or paddleflap, likewise Alor. In Bali I also had one dive with four rhinopias encounters.

We wish! Sadly it's not on the house reef matt215, although we have seen them there before. We think, since the water is getting cooler they are coming shallower, but that's only a guess. Right now it's only the one, we hope a mate will be coming for a visit.

I waited for you to make your decision before I posted this, in the last year (I've been here since July 2014) I've heard about 4 sitings, maybe this year will be different and we'll see many more :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom