Light cannon bulbs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a night dive with Hydrospace a little over a year ago, two fellows were aboard with the first two Light Cannons I'd seen. The lights were impressive, but both failed that night. I got the impression these two were on a test run for the product, so don't know if their experience resulted in any product modifications or not.
It certainly gave me a reason to wait awhile before getting mine.
Rick

There were apparently a bad batch of light cannon bulbs and a lot of failures. supposedly it is fixed now. If you have a bad bulb in one by all means call UK and cry a little and see what they'll do.

Originally posted by wetman
Anyone blown one yet?

Mine was somehow dammaged last year and either blown or cracked. My buddies was this year. We ended up buying a UK plastic case designed specifically for the light cannon.

Just curious to see if they're more fragile than they tend to state or not.

steve

So far, so good! I've had one for 6 months now, used it several times & the bulb hasn't blown yet! I've got my fingers and toes crossed though, because they're like $80!!!

Actually, I was told that it wasn't the bulb that was the problem, it was a defect in the balist that blew the bulb (I'm quoting the UK rep..I really can't ellaborate on that, since I'm not sure what a balist is!) From our first few shipment of Light Cannons, at least 70% were returned for this reason, and were replaced with new cannons by UK, no questions asked. The lights were on backorder for about 5 months while they corrected the problem, and the newer shipments seem to work great. No returns so far.

I must've gotten one of the new ones....I bought mine from your shop on Big Navy & haven't had any problems yet!!

Oh, and by the way....I did my first (and last) boat dive with a certain other un-named dive shop...starts with a "G"... on Sunday. The boat was crammed with tourists & it just wasn't as organized as your boat trips! The dives were good though! After failed attempts at going to Blue & White ( huge swells) we went to the American tanker & then Gab Gab 1. Oh, I saw a big Blue Spotted Grouper at Gab Gab!! Cool...

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom