For Sale Light Monkey 35w HID canister light - Refurbished 9/2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlaskaDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Eagle River, Alaska -> moved to Cape Cod, Mass
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a 35w HID Light Monkey canister light for sale, fully refurbished inclusive of 2 chargers. I am the original owner (purchased in 2012) and one day in September 2016 it failed to charge. I sent it to LM and their tech Joel did a complete overhaul & refurb job on it. LM did the following:
  • General Service - Replacement of Cord, Switch boot, Sealing glands, o-rings.
  • New - 20.8aH Li-Ion pack
  • Battery/Canister/Charger compliance for air travel - UN38.3 upgrade for compliance with Air Travel Restrictions on Li-Ion Batteries contained within equipment.
I noticed that they had engraved the canister with a Serial number for future work & tracking etc. Looking into the container I noticed that there are now 8 holes: 4 are dummy holes for travel and 2 sets off red/black holes for the newly configured battery and subsequent banana plug modifications. I had two chargers so I also sent those to LM & they wholly reworked the banana plug leads so there are 2 sets of black/red leads.

The condition is clearly brand new internally EXCEPT the exterior of the canister which shows normal scuff marks due to normal use. I replaced a stainless steel latch which became dented years ago. The canister is of sturdy Delrin material. I am including a stainless steel bolt snap (it's on the light head) and the bands around the canister body in order to mount it on your waist strap. The bulb has been inspected and cleaned by LM so there is no dark crap on it (which I have seen on other people's lights who don't take care of the light). This is clearly the brightest light I have ever used and usually the brightest light on the boat. This is an exceptional light for cave diving with a battery life of 4.5 hrs.

$1100 inclusive of free insured shipping to anywhere in the contiguous US (no APO addresses).
PayPal only

SOLD - SOLD
I have a 35w HID Light Monkey canister light for sale, fully refurbished inclusive of 2 chargers. I am the original owner (purchased in 2012) and one day in September 2016 it failed to charge. I sent it to LM and their tech Joel did a complete overhaul & refurb job on it. LM did the following:
  • General Service - Replacement of Cord, Switch boot, Sealing glands, o-rings.
  • New - 20.8aH Li-Ion pack
  • Battery/Canister/Charger compliance for air travel - UN38.3 upgrade for compliance with Air Travel Restrictions on Li-Ion Batteries contained within equipment.
I noticed that they had engraved the canister with a Serial number for future work & tracking etc. Looking into the container I noticed that there are now 8 holes: 4 are dummy holes for travel and 2 sets off red/black holes for the newly configured battery and subsequent banana plug modifications. I had two chargers so I also sent those to LM & they wholly reworked the banana plug leads so there are 2 sets of black/red leads.

The condition is clearly brand new internally EXCEPT the exterior of the canister which shows normal scuff marks due to normal use. I replaced a stainless steel latch which became dented years ago. The canister is of sturdy Delrin material. I am including a stainless steel bolt snap (it's on the light head) and the bands around the canister body in order to mount it on your waist strap. The bulb has been inspected and cleaned by LM so there is no dark crap on it (which I have seen on other people's lights who don't take care of the light). This is clearly the brightest light I have ever used and usually the brightest light on the boat. This is an exceptional light for cave diving with a battery life of 4.5 hrs.

$1100 inclusive of free insured shipping to anywhere in the contiguous US (no APO addresses).
PayPal only

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom