Lightroom or Photoshop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My take is that LR (I don't think there is a specific CC version, it is just LR 5.x) is for editing and cataloging (and key wording etc.) and that Photoshop is for creating art (cut and paste, layers etc.). I think in general many UW photographers use LR for backscatter reduction or cut and paste jobs, but if you get it right in camera then LR is probably most useful. I use PS for printing since it seems to me that printing from PS gets me slightly different output than printing from LR but my adobe friends say this is impossible; I will try again to see if it remains true.
Bill

I think it's much easier to remove backscatter in PS & PS Elements, but if I need to remove a huge amount (or remove a fish as above) I am not likely to bother with it.

Bill - when you export in LR for printing the image are you doing any sharpening? Screen? Print Matte? Print Glossy? Some have said the selection in that box can make a difference. I am not sure I can see it though!

Back
Top Bottom