Like Scuba Club but different?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Betty: We have never stayed on Cozumel before. We went several years ago and stayed at Adventuras Palace. We took the ferry over and I did a 2 tank boat dive while wifey got a massage. She didn't care much for diving then but now loves it.

I'm with you with the chat with other divers. She is too but, likes to fall asleep with the TV on. She'll bring her kindle fire instead. :)

We did get the 3 meal plan but, will go to town for dinner often.

Also, SCC has a little special going on right now. We booked 10 days, with meals, 2 tank boat dive each day, unlimited shore diving and they threw in 2 boat night dives at no extra charge. With air fare from Los Angeles $4,600. I booked through my local agent which just made the whole process easier.

Now is the hard part, waiting for April 20th to get here. :)

If the wife likes massages then go down and book a massage at Cozumel Health. We do this every trip for Friday afternoon; our last afternoon there. We book ahead because at $55 for an hour it is popular with the POD people. It is located just a 10 minute walk north on Melgar in the orange Barracuda Hotel across from the Chedraui or Mega (Big grocery store. Can't remember which one. Mega I think) They are closed on Sundays.

Hubby & I enjoy this after all the diving we did that week.

Enjoy
Betty

If the wife likes massages then go down and book a massage at Cozumel Health. We do this every trip for Friday afternoon; our last afternoon there. We book ahead because at $55 for an hour it is popular with the POD people. It is located just a 10 minute walk north on Melgar in the orange Barracuda Hotel across from the Chedraui or Mega (Big grocery store. Can't remember which one. Mega I think) They are closed on Sundays.

Hubby & I enjoy this after all the diving we did that week.

Enjoy
Betty
The Barracuda is between Mega and Chedraui, and across the street.

@ Betty, I see your going to Cobalt in May. We did 10 days there in 2009, Loved it!

It's actually directly across the street from Mega.
Right. I was thinking it was just to the south of Margaritaville (which is where Acuario used to be). Sorry for the misinformation. What hotel used to be there? The Galapago?

Venom: We are hoping Cobalt Coast is similar to SCC which we love. I hope so since it is about 2-3x the price. Yes I know GC is a more expensive island. We traded one of our 3 yearly Coz trips to try GC before we decided to move to Cozumel for good next year. I'm glad we'll get to try a new place before we move and may find ourselves "stuck" on the island as it seems hard to fly elsewhere in the Caribbean without a connection in the US. :depressed: Did you do a trip report of Cobalt?

Gordon: The Galapago Inn is the old name of SCC. It still has a plaque there saying The Galapago Inn.

Betty

and the turtle is still the logo, on every dive boat, t-shirts and the pool.
2010Apr_SCC_pool.jpg

2010Apr_SCC_diveshop1.jpg

I MISS this place so much!!!
2012Coz_SCC233.jpg

@ Betty,
I did not write a trip report on Cobalt but, it was very enjoyable and I would return there in a heart beat.
Would have gone this year but, as you said at 2-3x the cost we just couldn't swing it.

As you know CC is a bit remote from other sites. We were there for 10 day and arranged for a rental car for the middle 4 days.
It was delivered and pick up at CC, very convenient.
that way we were able to eat at some other places besides CC and of course see the island.

They treat you really well at CC. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
V

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom