list your top 10 sites out of sharm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubblemonkey:
cheers guys, Is there a dive site known as the junkyard? also what is the name of the one with all the toilets?

The one with the toilets is the Yolanda reef.
Junkyard? not sure. I know the boneyard in Dahab. It is the last part of the Islands.

Jai Bar:
The sites north of Ras Um Sid (The Amphoras, Pinky's wall, Turtle bay) are also good dives IMHO,
Here I have to disagree on one.
Pinky wall is boring, coral almost dead. Did it once and never again - always refuse this dive.
My favourite local is Temple. Lovely coral, difficult navigation - good exercise
Mania

Ok, here r my favorite 10 dive-sites in ORDER:
** (Ras Mohamed)
(1) Shark/Yolanda Reef
(2) Jackfish Alley
(3) Ras Ghozlani
(4) Ras Za'atar

** (Tiran Island)
(5) Gordon Reef
(6) Thomas Reef

** (Local Dive Sites)
(7) Ras Umm Sid
(8) Temple
(9) Gardens (near - middle - far - fiddle)
** (My ever-addiction)
(10) The Shipwreck of Thistlegorm

bubblemonkey:
cheers guys, Is there a dive site known as the junkyard? also what is the name of the one with all the toilets?

I think u mean the dive with the Israeli Tanks, after Egypt won the war in October 1973, the Israeli military forces had to leave the area A S A P, and they didn't want to leave behind any heavy machinery, so they sunk these on purpose in that place.

It's a nice wreck dive for beginners, they're about 18 Tanks underwater starting from -6m. down till -30m.

Hope this is what u meant.

no but that sounds cool, I was told of a site where there had been a landslide and a load of "stuff" had slipped into the bay creating a new habbitat of junk!!!

maybe its not in Eygypt

soooooo how does this sound for a week of diving :

Thomas reef
Woodhouse reef
Ras Gaslani
Thistlegorm
Ras um sid
Shark reef/ Yolanda
Jackfish alley
Jacksons reef
Temple
Gordon Reef

anything I should know about any of these sites, currents, depth crowds.

cheers for your input so far.

bubblemonkey:
soooooo how does this sound for a week of diving :

Thomas reef
Woodhouse reef
Ras Gaslani
Thistlegorm
Ras um sid
Shark reef/ Yolanda
Jackfish alley
Jacksons reef
Temple
Gordon Reef

anything I should know about any of these sites, currents, depth crowds.

cheers for your input so far.

Well it's not like you collect 10 sites and those are 10 dives (5 days). Things don't work like that here. For example, the Thistlegorm will take a complete day. Other sites should be located near each other in order to be visited in one day. Here's what I suggest:

Day 1: Sharm Local Sites
Ras Umm Sid
Temple

Day 2: Ras Mohamed (choose 2 of 3)
Shark - Yolanda
Ras Ghozlani
Jackfish Alley

Day 3: Tiran
Gordon
Woodhouse

Day 4: Tiran
Jackson
Thomas

Day 5: Thistlegorm

Anyway, when are you coming? PM me in case you need any help.

redseadiver:
I think u mean the dive with the Israeli Tanks, after Egypt won the war in October 1973, the Israeli military forces had to leave the area A S A P, and they didn't want to leave behind any heavy machinery, so they sunk these on purpose in that place.

It's a nice wreck dive for beginners, they're about 18 Tanks underwater starting from -6m. down till -30m.

Hope this is what u meant.

Let's leave the politcal statements out of this! Instead lets dive together, laugh about it all, and show the world that if they just dive, all can be *buddies*

shrswnm:
Let's leave the politcal statements out of this! Instead lets dive together, laugh about it all, and show the world that if they just dive, all can be *buddies*

Don't be so sensitive. It's just historical facts that should be told in the dive briefing.
For example, we always tell the story of the Thistlegorm. Neither the British nor the Germans get angry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom