list your top 10 sites out of sharm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red Sea Shadow:
Don't be so sensitive. It's just historical facts that should be told in the dive briefing.
For example, we always tell the story of the Thistlegorm. Neither the British nor the Germans get angry.

G-d forbid, I'm not angry. I really want to dive with you guys, enjoy, and see these dive sites. We just have different versions of historical facts. I think our peace treaty is based on different versions of historical fact! Anyway, hope to see you with my brother (diveswithturtles) in September.:14:

shrswnm:
G-d forbid, I'm not angry. I really want to dive with you guys, enjoy, and see these dive sites. We just have different versions of historical facts. I think our peace treaty is based on different versions of historical fact! Anyway, hope to see you with my brother (diveswithturtles) in September.:14:

Voilà !!!
So diveswithturtles is your brother.
I was wondering who's that (diveswithturtles) with such strange email address that registered in my dive group! Actually this group is established for residents in Egypt. He never responded to my request of introducing himself!

Thanks for the info.

BTW, what are you planning for September?

shrswnm:

I also perceived your post as an oversensitive reaction (and I am an Israeli, BTW). The good thing about sports- diving included- is the boundary and culture crossing, mind opening and freedom from politics :10:

Regardless of "historical facts", this junkyard seems a great divesite- first time I hear about it. Where is it located?

Jai Bar:
I also perceived your post as an oversensitive reaction (and I am an Israeli, BTW). The good thing about sports- diving included- is the boundary and culture crossing, mind opening and freedom from politics :10:

Regardless of "historical facts", this junkyard seems a great divesite- first time I hear about it. Where is it located?

This junkyard is near Naama Bay.

Jai Bar:

I am not oversensitive! I mea chuz, 100%, agree with you (OK, just a little defensive).
When Gabe comes (guess he didn't realize RSS"s group was only for your locals) maybe we can all get together---a SB Red Sea dive trip. Jai Bar, Mania, can you come? RSD, RSS, would you meet us along the way? We plan to dive our way down the coast from Eilat, Taba, etc. to Sharm. I'm not familiar with the distances. Can this, land based, be done in a week?
I also want to see the junk yard, and everthing else:05:

shrswnm:
I am not oversensitive! I mea chuz, 100%, agree with you (OK, just a little defensive).
When Gabe comes (guess he didn't realize RSS"s group was only for your locals) maybe we can all get together---a SB Red Sea dive trip. Jai Bar, Mania, can you come? RSD, RSS, would you meet us along the way? We plan to dive our way down the coast from Eilat, Taba, etc. to Sharm. I'm not familiar with the distances. Can this, land based, be done in a week?
I also want to see the junk yard, and everthing else:05:

"ScubaBoard Red Sea Encounter" sound like a great idea. It is always nice to meet other friends from all over the world.
Myself, I am planning diving safaris in July and again in October. Not sure about exact dates, though.

I also think it depends on the time of year you are diving as to where you will want to spend most of your time.

For instance, in July, I am back out to Sharm (was there in Feb and it was bloody freezing in the water in a 5mm!) and we are on a liveaboard, but we are aiming to spend a good four or five days around Ras Mo, as it will be running like mad then and it is simply awesome with all the fish coming to breed, etc.

Also, in all those lists prior to my post, no one has mentioned the Million Hope wreck. Fantastic dive, shallow (half of it is out of the water) and not that often visited. It is one of my fave dives up near Tiran.

In July, we might hop round the corner to do the Rosalie Moller as well – alright, too deep to include in any must-dive lists here, but for me, the best Red Sea wreck.

Mark

thanks Markuk for getting this back on topic,

we are going out on the 27th of this month.

cant wait.

shrswnm:
We plan to dive our way down the coast from Eilat, Taba, etc. to Sharm. I'm not familiar with the distances. Can this, land based, be done in a week?

Eilat is pretty much nextdoor to Taba. From Taba to Dahab is about 3 hours taxi, and roughly the same again to Sharm, maybe a bit more. Check the altitudes out though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom