Little confused with SRP filters.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

limpabit

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone.

Going away tomorrow. Got the Gopro 3+ Black and Gopro 1 we are taking away with us.

Bought the clip on Polar Filter for the Gopro 1. Simple to clip on and take off.

But the SRP screw on type I have, seems not so simple. The mount on the go pro housing is very tight. Just playing yesterday, out of the water seemed to be quite difficult to get off. Unscrewing the filter I would image be a little fiddly and frighted about cross threading.:confused:

I want to be able to have filter off for Surface/shallow water and put on when young deeper. How does everybody else use this filter?

Thanks for your reply. Thought I was doing something wrong.

Oh, then avigulf is right. You should be able to just pop it on. Leave the filter attached to the housing and then you can pop it on or off and change underwater.

Oh, then avigulf is right. You should be able to just pop it on. Leave the filter attached to the housing and then you can pop it on or off and change underwater.
It maybe because it's new. But it takes a lot of effort and wiggling to get it off the gopro housing. Even just trying out of the water at the minute.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom