Live Aboard Decision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi again and sorry about not posting sooner,

I am extremely grateful and thankful for the input I was given thus far. Ever since I have posted last, I have looked into the availability of the liveaboards and there are still some spaces available. The issue I really face is it worth while to go on a liveaboard to the Coral Sea and Cod Hole, if much cheaper alternatives are available in Townsville. So, the new question I would like to ask some advice on is are these dives are an absolute must and cannot be missed, are they similar to other dives? Thanks again everyone!
Do coral sea, definitely worth every cent

What are the chances of seeing Minke whales? Is a sighting guaranteed or are these boats being filled to the max on a mere "possibility?"

Nothing is ever guaranteed. However in June-July on the Ribbon Reefs, I've never known them to not see at least one on one of the "dedicated" minke trips. Last minke trip I did 2 years ago we saw about 40-50 over the course of 4 days, and one pod of about 20 or so hung around for hours.

I agree. Virtualy guaranteed and very few people come abck saying they have not had some sightings. You can hear them underwayer arpund this time of year on most dives.

This is why the trips book out so quickly.

I've now dived both MB and SoF.

my vote is MB, but only by a small margin. the boat is in a bit better shape and the staff (albeit so, so fine hairs to split) were better.

basically, if one is booked out, you'll enjoy the other just as much.

Back
Top Bottom