Liveaboard away from the crowd?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah,sorry.
Anyways,to do a Sudan liveaboard from Egypt you need two weeks just as Shadow has told you.
I was there 4 years ago so I don't know how and if things have changed.I flew to Cairo,spent a night there,well half a night actually as we got to the hotel at around 3am.Took another flight to Port Sudan at,I think to remember, 9pm.Between delays and a messy luggage collecting with Sudanese pushing and shoving trying to get past you we finally got to our boat at 3am.again,leaving port at 8 am.
So a bit of a pain in the arse to get there,but excellent diving with excellent viz.Mainly drop offs.Lots of grays and a few white tip but sadly we didn't catch any hammerhead.
The Umbria is a first rate wreck.You do it on the last day as it's in front of Port Sudan.
I was there in October.Water temp.31°.No crowds at all.

Thanks for the post. Sounds like fun but more hassle than I have time or patience for right now.

FYI, diving out of Marsa last May to brothers, daedalus, elphinstone we had oceanics on most dives, greys, hammerheads, threshers... and apparently just after we left Tigers turned up. So a pretty awesome trip, hope the area is as abundant with big life this year too.

J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom