Liveaboard in Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think this trip is mostly wreck diving.
I just did the Wind Dancer Grenada trip. The itinerary may vary but it's not mostly wreck diving. We did one dive on the Bianca C of course (which didn't do much for me, just not my thing.) And 2 dives on Strattman's wreck off Bequia (1 day 1 night) which was very nice with tons of life.

I think this trip is mostly wreck diving.

The OP needs to check to be sure!

There is a wreck or two but I wouldn't call it mostly wreck diving. See trip highlights:

Top Dive Sites

A typical one-week diving cruise aboard the Wind Dancer will commence in Grenada heading to Isle De Ronde, diving the Sisters, and weather permitting, the offshore sites of Bird Rock or London Bridge. Then on to Carriacou w/ stops to dive Bonaparte Rocks & Frigate Island on the edge of the submarine volcanic site of Ŭickemjenny, an active underwater volcano, requiring constant monitoring for the safety of ships at sea. From here, it is on past Union Island to the magnificent & stunningly beautiful National Park of the Tobago Cays and the offshore site, weather permitting, of Sail Rock. On the return trip South those sites missed on the journey North will be visited w/ the Grande Finale of the week, weather permitting, being a dive on the ŵitanic of the Caribbean, the wreck of the cruise ship ţianca C, arguably the largest ship wreck in the Caribbean and one NOT intentionally sunk, as an artificial reef!
Bianca C
The Bianca C is a 600-foot cruise ship that sank in 1961. It lies on a sandy plain in 167 feet of water, which at times can have strong tidal currents, making this an advanced deep dive (with a checkout dive required). The top deck lies at 90 feet and most dives proceed around the stern, where you can swim into the pool, visit the wheel-house on the aft deck and peer down at the sandy plain below. Schools of jacks, barracuda and spotted eagle rays are in abundance.
Kick 'em Jenny
Kick 'em Jenny is a submarine volcanic site. Rare and plentiful coral and marine life can be seen there. Kick 'em Jenny offers excellent visibility to about 100 feet and is a favorite of divemasters.
Twin Sisters
This is one of the most spectacular dives in the Grenadines with walls and drop offs descending to 180 feet, plus a mysterious cavern. The depth and strong currents here make it a dive for experienced divers only.
Pagodas Garden
Close to Frigate Island, this dive offers an amazing array of coral and plentiful marine life. Depths range from 40 to 80 feet.
The Deep Blue
Located off the Sister Rocks, this dive starts at 9 meters (27 feet) with a slope/wall to a maximum depth of 40 meters (130 feet). The current makes this a dive for experienced divers only, and is good for underwater photography and drift diving. You can expect to see: Black Coral, Nursesharks, Turtles, Giant Lobster, Stingrays and more.

aquacat is amazing, an all around awesome time...we have room on our live aboard to turks and caicos the last week of february...

Hi Margie,

This is Simon from Wind Dancer! Did you have a god trip back home, we miss you already!

Glad you chose to come and see us....

xx

Back
Top Bottom