Liveaboard Question - Amira 2017 Jan Cenderawasih Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

judyo1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. I am looking at booking a trip on the Amira next January to Cenderawasih Bay. The boat looks good but I can't find any reviws.
I understand it has a swiss owner - I was wondering if most of the punters on board are European / reviews are in German??
Has anybody been on the Amira and have any comments?
TIme - is January a reasonable time to dive Cenderawasih Bay? I understand the whale sharks are there all year round but other companies seem to plan their trips there mid year - Jan works better for me for work.
In input much appreciated.

We went on board the Amira a couple of weeks ago whilst it was moored in the Lembeh Straits. We had a look around and everyone in our group wanted to go on her. Spacious, everything in good order, the cabins looked inviting, the dive deck was like military precision, everything in its place. We spoke to the Manager who spoke immaculate English and were made very welcome and all our questions were answered. All the staff we saw were welcoming. For the trip that was just about to set sail, the boat was filled by a German club. Normally they would have a mix of European - German, Swiss, Dutch, British, French and also some Americans. I would say the web-site shows a fair representation of how she was when we were on board. We know one of the dive guides and he is happy and proud to be on the boat. Food is a mix of European and Indonesian.

I don't know about time of year for Cenderawasih - why don't you email them and ask? The quality of their reply would give you an indication of how they run the business. Hope this helps.

We went on board the Amira a couple of weeks ago whilst it was moored in the Lembeh Straits. We had a look around and everyone in our group wanted to go on her. Spacious, everything in good order, the cabins looked inviting, the dive deck was like military precision, everything in its place. We spoke to the Manager who spoke immaculate English and were made very welcome and all our questions were answered. All the staff we saw were welcoming. For the trip that was just about to set sail, the boat was filled by a German club. Normally they would have a mix of European - German, Swiss, Dutch, British, French and also some Americans. I would say the web-site shows a fair representation of how she was when we were on board. We know one of the dive guides and he is happy and proud to be on the boat. Food is a mix of European and Indonesian.

I don't know about time of year for Cenderawasih - why don't you email them and ask? The quality of their reply would give you an indication of how they run the business. Hope this helps.
Cheers :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom