Liveaboards in the Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'd love to go but we are paying on a 2 week to the Maldives in November.

Let us know where you will be going next year as we would enjoy another trip with you guys

jim

Jim,
We are looking at the Nai'a in Fiji First week of September to celebrate my 60th Birthday. Number 1 liveaboard in the world, so they say.

Jim

Hi Everyone!
All of you live aboard fans..I have to put in a little plug for my dive shop...we are doing the Explorer Ventures live aboard in Turks and Caicos the last week in February and we barely had any takers...I know its a rough time but thought I would pass along the info in case anyone wanted to sign up still..its $2295 a person and that includes all diving, meals, and airport transfers...if you are interested send me a PM and I'll connect you.

Did the Belize Agressor, and loved it. 28 dives in one week, and others on the boat did more. I would highly recommend it. The main advantage is that it spends more time on the outer reefs (which are dived less overall). Water was bathtub-warm, and 60-80ft. clear.

If you're interested in a smaller scale, more private, liveaboard adventure check out Thatch Caye in Belize. They have a 6 berth 43' cat that you write your own schedule for, do ass part of a caye and liveaboard combination and have great local dives just 10 minutes from the caye.

Jim,
We are looking at the Nai'a in Fiji First week of September to celebrate my 60th Birthday. Number 1 liveaboard in the world, so they say.

Jim

Don't know if it really is number 1, but it certainly would be in the top 5.

In any case, you've made an excellent choice.

Peter Hughes' Sun Dancer II in Belize is the best liveaboard in the Caribbean. It is the most spacious with the best in guest services and amenities. They visit the best sites on Turneffe and Lighthouse Reef atolls. If you like creature comforts with great diving, you should book on this boat.

I have been on the Cuan Law (BVI) Twice and loved it. Good food, crew, visibility and fellow passengers were great. Night dive on the Rhone was Awesome.

Jim,

Jim

I did my first liveaboard last year in Fiji aboard the Nai'a. It was a WONDERFUL experience. Our cabin/bathroom was bigger than I thought they'd be, the crew, diving, and food was fantastic. Basically, we were spoiled rotten for a whole week. I definitely think you'd have a happy, happy birthday aboard the Nai'a.

My favorite it the Aqua Cat out of Nassau. Huge cabins with large windows looking out at he sea. It is great to wake up in the morning looking out at the beautiful aqua water. The rest of the boat is roomy as well including the dive deck. They do a large variety of diving. My favorite dive was the shark feed. We did a couple of dives there and I enjoyed the non feed almost as much as the feed. There were a lot of little critters on the dive. I found several pirate blennys (smaller version of a sailfin blenny). I saw a hammerhead on one of the walls. I also enjoyed the washing machine (a drift dive) and the blue hole.

I would have to second the aquacat ....it was amazing for all the reasons above along with superior service, amazing food ( very healthy and yummy!) great accommodations, staff, and the diving was pretty darn good too!

Back
Top Bottom