Lobster Mini-Season 7/28 - 29/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrierHPharmD:
...saw one bug, who climbed out of the rockpile, flipped me off, slipped out of my grip and deep into his hideaway, and came home.
Don't take offense; that is just how you say "hello" in south Florida (especially on the roadways).

One fun trick I tried in California is to grab them and place them on your forearm. They hate being out in the open so much, they cling on for their dear lifes. Uh..on second thought, don't try that unless you wearing a thick suit or have a wooden arm.

Marc, Great dive report and looks like a nice catch. Wish I could have been there, but playing with my grandchildren was a lot more fun.

Hope to get back into the water next month.

Dive Safely
Joe

I headed out about 11 am off of Dania with the scooter and towing the kayak, I wanted a big surface float.

I saw a total of 4 lobsters and 3 were definite shorts. #4 got caught in the snare, escaped, caught in the snare, escaped and finally caught. He was about 1/4 inch too short. If I kind of held the gauge at an angle and tilted my head it looked legal. I figured that "those who wait with binoculars" would probably impose a stricter standard, so he missed the grill. All in all a good day diving but with a good north current that didn't abate until around 12:30.

Nice report Marc...were you able to retrieve the snare?

Yes, I was able to find the snare. But we found the most successful method was to just use your hands.

Sorry Jenny - they're all spoken for tonight. :) And that grin is more from being punchdrunk tired than anything else. :439: We got home about 3:45am, and by the time gear was rinsed, lobster cleaned and we cleaned up it was 5:00am. Just enough time for a couple of hours sleep.

Marc :snore:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom