Lobster mini-season!!! What are your plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBOBuba:
I didn't see any shorts this year but left a lot of roe bearing females behind.
We only saw 2 shorts and one with eggs. We got checked by FWC on the beach as we were unloading the kayak. I friend told me that FWC was inside Hillsboro Inlet stopping all boats as they came in the inlet... sounds like FWC was making a strong presence this year.

This is the first year that I didn't dive from a boat that came through Hillsboro Inlet...every single year we've gotten boarded and I heard that this year was no exception. My kayak buddies and I were checked out by a FWC officer who was riding the beach. I have no problem with them checking me out, my license is always handy.

I saw no shorts, but I did have to put back two egg-bearing mommas. I like seeing egg-bearers. That's more bugs for later! :D

Ya know, I wish FWC had the manpower to better control all the ports and inlets and check alot more boats. Not just for Lobster, but for fish as well. Not to mention all the drunks I see constantly! Now dont get me wrong, I'll have a beer from time to time on the boat also. But I mean the one's who are constantly going out on the water and getting wasted and then driving thier boats around like crazed maniacs. Heck, if the FWC had a program for it I would volunteer my time as a reserve patrol. Just can't spend 6 weeks in training is the only problem.

vr24:
I can only speak for the atlantic side, in Fort Lauderdale it's been 100' + top to bottom.
Thanks for the input vr24. I hope it is good on both sides but, regardless of the vis we will make it work we always do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom