Lobster mini-season!!! What are your plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michelle got limit. I am in Colorado :(

DebbyDiver:
There were seventy bazillion boats where I was, but everyone was behaving themselves. It was pretty nice.

Yeah, I was shocked. We did go up shallow for a little free diving and I picked one up, but the reefs were pretty bare in the 30' range.

As for the boats behaving, we had one idiot that was drifting a Brownies and was yelling at us to move our anchored boat because it was in his way, mind you, we were in that spot for 45 minutes at that point. So many dummies.

As for boat traffic, I only saw one boat outright breaking the law by motoring well over what is necessary to maintain headway a mere 40-50 yards off a flag on the 3rd reef where there was plenty of space, and to avoid another flame war, I won't mention the name of that boat, AGAIN!

I saw a lot of Brownie divers too. They were behaving themselves, but I was careful to not tangle my kayak in their lines. I couldn't assume that they knew I had a boat overhead and not just a flag. All of the boats were behaving themselves north of Sunrise Boulevard. But there are no lobsters left. Not a one. Nada. :rofl3:

Hmmm, I see more than twelve...so what did you actually get? Or do we really not want to know...:no

Chip: You have the right to be silent.

I got my limit by the second dive. First time this has happened in years. It was a great day. The only incident was when my godson and I tied off our float so that the next team could start where we left off. Some nimnutz couldn't find the reef and threw his anchor on our float. I surfaced to our capt having some choice words with the kook behind the wheel of the offending vessel. No one got hit by the anchor and only salty words were exchanged. If you prayed for me, it worked.

---Bob

ScubaBOBuba:
Chip: You have the right to be silent....

But does he have the ability? :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom