Lobster mini-season!!! What are your plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be out there. I haven't whether to go as an idiot or a moron this year.
Up thisaway, mini season is pretty relaxed. The boat ramp in Boca is for stickered locals only so that speeds launching. Offshore, no one is usually within a mile or two of me. I can't dive by myself since I get to babydivesit some people who aren't that comfortable in the water so it's more of a working dive than fun. Last year, the guy ran out of air at 100', but since I was salvaging an anchor nearby, I got him up ok.
Oh well.

I've been so lucky, except for the one year that we decided to take our boat to Miami-Dade County, I've never experienced the crowds. I guess we just know where to go to avoid them...and to get our limit. :wink: In fact the only moron/idiot I've personally encountered was the marine patrol guy who crashed into my friend's Bertram and broke her swim platform...what a maroon!!

Would I go to the Keys for mini-season? Not just no...but HELL NO!! :shakehead And I ain't going back to Miami-Dade either! Nosireebob.

I'm going to go off of LBTS at 4am or so on Wednesday morning.... anyone with me?

By the way Deb, I know of a place in Miami dade with a TON of lobster and not many boats AT ALL...... But I need a boat to get there, and now that I've sold mine... :(

sorry I can't broadcast the place on the board... If I told ALL of you, I'd have to kill ALL of you, and I just don't have the energy. :)

That's OK Mike, ol' buddy ol' pal, I'll get my limit and I won't even need to drive all the way down there. :blinking:

Is Gooch/Mike joining you at LBTS? Or are you guys doing Johnson St. at midnight? Did you know that you can park for free after midnight at Johnson? Get there early and just pay up until midnight so you are ready to hit the water! Best of luck to you! :)

Well if anyone is wanting to come to the Keys for mini season I have 3 units open for that time. I had some spearo's join in together in two units to make room for more people to be able to come to the Keys. Call me and I will get you through the gate.

We're going to the Sebastian area for the season to stay out of the crowd.

I will be joining H20Skier on his boat Wed. morning since he extended the most appreciated invite to me. I have also posted a shore dive for Thursday morning if anyone is interested.

CoolTech:
I don't go near the water during mini season... too many days of the year that are safer in the water... I liken it to St. Patrick's Day. I don't go out and drink on that night either!

It's the same problem on St. Paddy's Day... All the amateurs and wanna-bee's come out. Most of the real Irish at me favorite pub stay home too! (Except the boys from Belfast, and boy, could they drink!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom