Lobster Permit can i get one ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LobstaMan:
Chebby,

I understanding picking the same four numbers, but the same four numbers exactly in the same order? I think the probability of that scenario is much less than 50%. But, I suck at math so maybe you're right. lol.

LobstaMan

You are right, I was wrong. It's actually 118 :)

See the birthday problem paradox . I was surprised when I found out it was this low too. Just plug 10000 (0000 to 9999) instead of 365.

That is because you are asked about the prob of 2 RANDOM NUMBERS occuring in a set and NOT 2 SPECIFIC NUMBERS.

It basically comes down to p(k)=1-P(10000,k)/(10000^k) where the P stands for permutations (10000! / (10000-k)!). You have to solve to k, but because I already did, you can just plug 118 in to see if it works.

P.S: sorry for taking this thread off topic, just thought it would be something fun to know.

Since this is the government asking for your SSN you don't have to use it. The Privacy Act gives you some measure of defense on this as they have no bonafide reason for needing an actual SSN. Of course a clever crook with just the info you can obtain in public records can get your SSN and much more with little trouble. A note to Gabe, just come with me and you will never have to worry about that pesky 15 a day limit or even a 15 a season limit.

ScubaNorth:
A note to Gabe, just come with me and you will never have to worry about that pesky 15 a day limit or even a 15 a season limit.

Why is that?

Average keepers per dive = Zero. I am the self proclaimed worst lobster diver ever to hold a permit. I either find monsters, babies or mothers to be. Total take for 2004 three keepers.

ScubaNorth:
Average keepers per dive = Zero. I am the self proclaimed worst lobster diver ever to hold a permit. I either find monsters, babies or mothers to be. Total take for 2004 three keepers.

I hear you man. I'm pretty much the same way with freshwater fishing. Last year I spent $80 on two permits, hundreds of dollars on gear, bait and an inflatable boat, and what did I get back? Two trouts, small chain pickerel and a catfish after about a hundred hours of fishing. And also memories of that time when earthworms made a run for it in my fridge through the partially opened pot of broiled potatoes and chicken.

You two need to come with me. I don't promise limits of bugs but I can at least get you into the right areas.

ScubaNorth:

My personal motto....."The bugs are never safer than when I am in the water!" Glad to see that I am not the only one ensuring the survival of the species.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom