Lobster report in Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been out recently scouting my spots, have not noticed the numbers that I have seen last year and prior years...Anybody been out scouting upper keys agree?

I take it back, started looking at someother areas and the numbers are real good, should be able to get as many limits as I need...My only problem, I have the waterfront house,spots, but no boat at the present time..have been using my jet ski for scouting.
Hopefully, the boat will come through by Wed....

Dove three different spots yesterday. Absolutely loaded, random brain coral in the middle of a sand patch in 75 feet. Easily 3 limits. Also checked some other patch reefs in 50-65. Not as many numbers as the shallow reefs but the bugs are huge.

Wednesday cant come soon enough!!!

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I go to the Marathon area every year and am lucky to leave with two lobster after a week long trip. Anyone have ONE good spot where I could get enough for a family dinner instead a midnight snack? Not asking for your whole treasure chest or anything, just a shiny coin or two :].

I could also use some advice for the Marathon area. We have been diving the Long Key Bridge for 20+ years, but we lost our place to stay when the Fiesta Key KOA sold out to developers. This will be our first year staying in Marathon, and we have no idea where to dive. Anybody willing to give up some tips besides the obvious? Thanks!

Dan O

Best thing to do is take your boat our on the outside of the marked reefs and looks for differnet bottom elevations. A big sandy area with a brain coral or rock ledge along the sides is a killer place for bugs. Just do some scouting for the next few days around the outside of these reefs and other patch reefs in the area.
Your depth finder is a great tool to use. Most of my numbers of bugs have been in the 28-35ft range.

Good luck, and watch out for all the douchbags!

Come to Ft. Lauderdale, you don't need a boat! You can walk from Port Everglades to Bimini on the boats that will be out there!:D Good Luck

Craig

I love em any one have any good number they would like to share?

I love em any one have any good number they would like to share?

Nope people here do not share any numbers I already tried that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom