Local dive sites in Georgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, Lake Lanier isn't that bad! LOL

It depends on what you're used to, and what you want out of diving. It's great for skills. I enjoy it since I was raised diving Texas lakes.

If you can dive cold, and with low viz, you can be confident in diving just about anywhere. (Unless of course, you dive somwhere even colder...)

If you go to the upper stretches of the lake the water can be quite clear!!!

victoriawtx:
Hey, Lake Lanier isn't that bad! LOL

It depends on what you're used to, and what you want out of diving. It's great for skills. I enjoy it since I was raised diving Texas lakes.

If you can dive cold, and with low viz, you can be confident in diving just about anywhere. (Unless of course, you dive somwhere even colder...)

Being a diver from TGWN, I've done more than my share of dives in cold, silty, water with low or no vis. And yes, I've even done a couple of IDCs & Rescue Diver classes up at Lake Latrine. But in the end I say "why bother?"

In Canada it basically was doing gunk-hole dives, or not diving at all. Here you have a choice!

JMHO,

SubMariner wrote:
"Why bother?"

1: Because it's only 30 minutes from the house
2: I have a boat up there.
3: I have a map showing submerged structures
4: It increases the frequency of diving
5: One can dive to depths of 150' if one desires
6: The dives can increase the level of one's DT (Diver's Technique)
7: It can, and often does, present more of a CHALLENGE than floating around in
pristeen conditions.
8: The only cost of the dive is the tank.
9: yadda, yadda, yadda

All I can say, is if we all liked the same things, there wouldn't be very much to discuss on SB. We all have different experiences, points-of-view, and preferences. We all learn from each other.

A friend of mine says: "That's why Baskin-Robbins sells 31 differerent flavors. We're all so unique."

I say, let's just go diving and have a good time. Maybe we can flip a coin on where to go? :wink:

Best everyone,
V

Yep . . .

victoriawtx:
A friend of mine says: "That's why Baskin-Robbins sells 31 differerent flavors. We're all so unique."

I'd like two scoops of chocolate mint on a sugar cone please.

Hi I just moved to sc from the keys. I am a dive instructor at the beaufort marine institute. My fiance is going to be out of town for 2 months and I figure it will be a good time to get in some weekend diving and check out the local spots.

How very cool... That's right up the street. I took my rescue cert. in that pool at BMI.

Yeah, man... Gimme a shout as soon as you can. :D

PM'd you info...

Back
Top Bottom