Local diveshop overcharge????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have a lot of experience purchasing equipment except the mask, snorkel and fins which we got online. Our LDS never pushes their equipment on us and although they prefer that we purchase from them they will still service items not purchased through them. Their prices are very reasonable and not much more than the online stores - of course their selection is far smaller, but I love their attitude and service. I plan to purchase as much of my gear through them to support them - I'm sure I'll get it back in their service and other ways.

I think the bottom line is how you feel towards your LDS. If your LDS is charging you much more than other stores, perhaps its time to change LDS. But if your LDS has reasonable prices and they treat you right it might be worth the extra $$ to support them. I like our LDS and feel that we (my wife and I) will get much more back from the LDS then we could ever pay in expertise, advise and friendship.

They do, however, encourage you to take trips with them - I think there's a Bahama live-aboard coming up soon ... can't go but sounds awesome!

Back
Top Bottom