Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember during Covid
:funny: So many talk like it's over. No one was masked for receptions or a funeral last month, then his wife was hit with Covid. Fortunately, she recovered. 300 weekly deaths in the US is much better than the 3,000 rate we had at one time, but it's not over. I'm still masked, spraying them with alcohol and rotating.

:funny: So many talk like it's over. No one was masked for receptions or a funeral last month, then his wife was hit with Covid. Fortunately, she recovered. 300 weekly deaths in the US is much better than the 3,000 rate we had at one time, but it's not over. I'm still masked, spraying them with alcohol and rotating.
At this point, you could just get new masks with better functionality than using old masks. That was a suboptimal solution because of shortages, which we are not in now. In fact, to increase your personal comfort level, you could get a n95 mask with an exhaust valve, since most people aren’t wearing masks and don’t care. My hospital requires masks in patient care areas, and supplies with the ineffective paper surgical masks as the official mask to use, even though my own kn95 mask is more effective.

At this point, you could just get new masks with better functionality than using old masks.
Oh, I got into that habit because I didn't want to be ordering new ones all the time. My exposure to people is so limited in my hermithood that I don't even rotate often. I have white paper sacks numbered 1-6 lined up where newly sprayed dry thoroughly, but this batch is old. I could retest them, but I think I will shop for some new colors.
In fact, to increase your personal comfort level, you could get a n95 mask with an exhaust valve, since most people aren’t wearing masks and don’t care.
My niece gave me one of those long ago that I left in storage and I always wondered what purpose they serve. I stay well-stocked on free tests but I only try to test weekly, and I've become casual about that.
My hospital requires masks in patient care areas, and supplies with the ineffective paper surgical masks as the official mask to use, even though my own kn95 mask is more effective.
My brother spent some time in one recently and I noticed that have a requirement posted, but not enforced. I wore one, but the caregivers never did.

Just don't say it...... I'm gonna go dive for a few hours

Lucky bastard...we're in Mahahual and Bacalar this week, super windy, ports closed.

It is breezy here too, South of Palancar is closed - I'd trade you though - I need a different view

I think I seen in the 30's over Christmas time but wow is the marina busy - this morning at 7:30 looked like max busy...... Quite the crowd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom