Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to find a place south (but not too far south) of town where I can take our group to watch the sunset over the water with low volume Mexican/Caribbean/Reggae music (if there is any music) where we can get a ginebra con agua quinada and chips, queso, salsa, ceviche, etc. Suggestions?

I would like to find a place south (but not too far south) of town where I can take our group to watch the sunset over the water with low volume Mexican/Caribbean/Reggae music (if there is any music) where we can get a ginebra con agua quinada and chips, queso, salsa, ceviche, etc. Suggestions?
Find a place without music, place a bluetooth speaker on the table, and run a Mexican/Caribbean/Reggae playlist on your phone.

Find a place without music, place a bluetooth speaker on the table, and run a Mexican/Caribbean/Reggae playlist on your phone.
Better yet:

Here are a few suggestions for different music than american rock

Mango cafe
1713325027983.png

Pose (I pronounce it like it rhymes with Jose)

1713325127419.png

This web site is handy for daily music listings

Cozumelmusic.com

I highly recommend Double V

Perhaps I wasn't clear; I wasn't asking about places to hear music, but rather places to get away from it - especially loud Anglo music - either recorded or live. I would like to find someplace quiet to watch the sunset over the water. If there is any music I would look for it to be low volume Mexican/Caribbean/Reggae. If there is no music at all, that would be fine.

Perhaps I wasn't clear; I wasn't asking about places to hear music, but rather places to get away from it - especially loud Anglo music - either recorded or live. I would like to find someplace quiet to watch the sunset over the water. If there is any music I would look for it to be low volume Mexican/Caribbean/Reggae. If there is no music at all, that would be fine.
It's been a long time and things may have changed, but Tikila and Ernesto's weren't playing 'murican music the last times I was there.

Been to Tikila many times with friends during sunset, Ernesto's too for that matter. The only problem with both of those places is that they have a "south" wall. Sunset viewing is better at Tikila, though Ernesto's has some tables away from the wall on a sort of deck to the west as I recall.

I don't know the layout of BA, but I'm surprised you can't watch and listen there?

Edit: I don't drink Gin and Tonics, but I'd be surprised if you can't get one at either place.

There is a small bar/ restaurant with music sometimes, just south of Money bar and Fiesta Americana. I think its called Barefoot Lounge? Its a quiet place if you dont want the noise like some venues.

There is a small bar/ restaurant with music sometimes, just south of Money bar and Fiesta Americana. I think its called Barefoot Lounge? Its a quiet place if you dont want the noise like some venues.
Does anyone know what is going on these days at the place across the street from Villablanca that used to be Turquoise?

Does anyone know what is going on these days at the place across the street from Villablanca that used to be Turquoise?
It is now called Black and Blue beach club
Nothing on street level
new bar on lower level
same pier
the Clear Boats operate from there
La Hatch is still empty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom