Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know the history and complications of the project, but I definitely saw the guys working late paving the road outside Pancho's Backyard the other night.

Not necessary correct. Tourist activity Boats are required to have a seaman with a card in addition to a captain, who carries a seperate license. Typically on dive boats this is the dive master. Several problems, in the past they would only grant this to Mexican nationals (which is BS), and lately the 4 hr classes have not been available, which puts many boats permitted or pirate out of compliance. This report is that the government is aware of the situation and while they have shown tolerance in the past they are not sure how to proceed

That whole class for the seabook thing is confusing. There is a seabook for the captain, renewals on those are not an issue as I know maybe 5 or 6 guys that took time off to get their renewal - they did have to take the class in Playa, not Cozumel.

There is another seabook for crewmen that deals with boat safety, I understand it is like the STCW class which is international and seemed to be accepted by the captain on a case by case basis. The guy that runs the company that docks the cruise ships, he teaches that class - he offered to give me the class to make me legal crewman but only if I took the class in Spanish. There is wishy washy wording and depending on who reads the rules, a non mexican can be a crewman........

The bitching is probably because they have to go to Playa for the class

Now I know where people get their stupid misinformation from.

"Exploding scuba oxygen tanks" Ha HA HA

Now I know where people get their stupid misinformation from.

"Exploding scuba oxygen tanks" Ha HA HA

I would love to see the logic that someone used to connect a SCUBA tank to a house fire.

I would love to see the logic that someone used to connect a SCUBA tank to a house fire.
I guess that it wouldn't stretch credibility to think that a scuba tank exploding beside a gas hot water tank might involve flames?

I guess that it wouldn't stretch credibility to think that a scuba tank exploding beside a gas hot water tank might involve flames?
Residential Gas hot water in Coz?

Leaking scuba tank possible cause of explosion?

Residential Gas hot water in Coz?

Leaking scuba tank possible cause of explosion?
Exploding scuba tank cause of destruction and fire in the hot water tank.

Back
Top Bottom