Loggerhead Turtle Attack!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Julie and all,

Captain Jim also told us that some SOB finally caught Snaggletooth, the 18' Hammerhead that cruised the reef. THAT is a loss. Oh, yeah... Captain Jim remembered you, so you must have made an impression on him as well!

:tease:

Pete,

I'm flattered that Capt. Jim remembered me. It may have been becuase we made SUCH a fuss over what a good operation we thought he ran and told him that we were going to recommend them to our LDS for checkout dives.

What a shame they caught the hammerhead... particularly before I got a chance to see him. Fisherman in this area are actually starting to scare me. I heard that the ones around Pompano have been known to drop depth charges on divers. Makes me be double-certain there's someone following my buoy who I trust.

Julie

Thase plenty of them thar nawtherners down here in the SE part (West Palm Beach). Most everyone's from NYAWK or Joisy, septin' me.

Originally posted by NetDoc
...Gators are in EVERY water way in Florida... patiently waiting for some fool nawtherner...

:tease:

..Are you serious?.. It's pretty screwed up when it gets to the point that it's safer to dive without a buoy than it is to dive with one!

I'm serious... at least, the captain who told me the story was serious. He said that one diver had a blown eardrum from the experience, fortunately that was the extent of the injuries from the incident.

I think there's some jealousy in some of the fish-filled areas becuase the diving buoys are keeping guys who want to fish away from the "good spots". Obviously, they didn't have PBS when they were growing up, so they didn't get Mr. Rogers' lessons on sharing and being neighbors.

Julie

well, after over 150 dives in various springs in No FL, 4 round trips across the inaptly named alligator alley, camping at Vortex & GinnieI to have never seen a gator ... a figment of someone's imagination ...

of course for the football 'Gators, the new QB is a Hoosier! and y'all thought we only played hoops!

and by the way at least my alma mater played for a National Championship last year and has a rich tradition of athletic success in many sports and academic pursuits ... Bear Down!

<snip>
(OK, OK, I sligtly embellished it, and my apologies to any Steve Irwin (or is that Urkle) fans.)(And no, I don't think ANY other Aussies are like ol' Steve) (Except for maybe the Gasman... oops... just call that a Freudian slip )
</snip>

Steve Irwin fans? Crikeys mate, they should all be SHOT! As an aussie, I get a nervous twitch every time I was walk past his display of stuffed dolls and videos in the Discovery Store...

"Roooooight folks, this salt water crocodile here is one of the MOST DEADLY animals in the Top End, any moment he could turn on me and-" <CHOMP><splash><gurgle>...

...yay!

Back
Top Bottom