Logs app doesn't show up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi

I am a completely new diver and just received my SSI Basic Diver certification. In a few weeks I am starting my SSI Open Water Diver course, can't wait!

Since I am planning to join a dive club in my country, I want to be sure to log my dives correctly from the beginning. And this is where I meet difficulties. When I am using the MySSI app, it mentions on the home screen I have done one dive. This is correct. But when I click on it (it opens my logbook), there are no dives added. Do I need to add my first dive manually by clicking the plus button in the top right corner or am I adding this dive double by doing this?

When I visit the website via my desktop, it has no dives listed either.

PS: I am planning to buy a physical logbook to add my dives properly :wink:.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards
Maartnn

Hi

I am a completely new diver and just received my SSI Basic Diver certification. In a few weeks I am starting my SSI Open Water Diver course, can't wait!

Since I am planning to join a dive club in my country, I want to be sure to log my dives correctly from the beginning. And this is where I meet difficulties. When I am using the MySSI app, it mentions on the home screen I have done one dive. This is correct. But when I click on it (it opens my logbook), there are no dives added. Do I need to add my first dive manually by clicking the plus button in the top right corner or am I adding this dive double by doing this?

When I visit the website via my desktop, it has no dives listed either.

PS: I am planning to buy a physical logbook to add my dives properly :wink:.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards
Maartnn
Hi Maartnn,
Congratulations on earning your certification, and welcome to the great community of SCUBA divers! Regarding your SSI logbook, I'm not sure how it can be showing 1 dive on the front screen if either you did not actually log a dive yourself, or your instructor did not enter it for you. If I were you, I would just go into the logbook and log your dive, if you end up with duplicates then you can always just delete one of the duplicates later. You should also ask your instructor to verify the dive in the App.

Regarding a physical logbook, I'm not sure that too many people take this approach today unless they already have a substantial number of logged dives and they just like the look & feel of a book. IMHO, digital is the way to go so that you have access to your logbook wherever you are.

All the best for your Open Water class!

Thank you for your welcome!

A detail I forgot to add: the one dive I mentioned is added at the moment I digitally received my Basic Diver certificate, that's the moment since when the app mentions one dive. But I understand I can just add the dive manually since I can always delete the dive in the app?

Okay, so most divers nowadays use only a digital logbook? So just using the digital logbook in the MySSI app must do the work?

Kind regards
Maartnn

...and one detail that I forgot to mention :): The Number of Dives shown on the front screen of the MySSI App does not come from the number of dives in your logbook. This number is on your SSI profile, and can be updated by an SSI professional, it is usually updated when they issue a certification as this is one of the fields to be filled in when creating the certification on behalf of a student. I'm pretty sure that your instructor would have updated the number of dives when issuing your certification, ideally he should have also helped you to log the dive, but since he did not you can just go ahead and log it manually.

As far as digital vs paper - it is purely preference and I'm sure that I'll get a firestorm of comments from the "I use paper" loggers :)

Dive safe, dive happy!

Oh, that makes sense considering the number shown in the front screen, thank you! I will log my dive manually.

So, when I log a future dive manually, the number on my SSI profile will not increase. Will this number increase only when I let a logged dive verify by an instructor or scan a QR code?

Thank you!

Kind regards
Maartnn

I see my 9 dives on the front page of the app, but only 5 on my SSI page on the website, as 4 of them have not been verified yet by someone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom