Lombok in May - Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greenpearlin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My partner and I (~100-150 dives each) will be traveling to Lombok in late May for a total of 5 days. It's our first time in Lombok, and we will be there mostly for diving but also to spend some quality time together onshore. I read from previous threads that Belongas Bay is highly regarded, and we are deciding between splitting the time between South Gili and Belongas, or just do one. We always love nice reefs and schools. Would love to hear your thoughts about both the diving in late May, dive shop recommendations, as well as availability of nice resorts in these two areas. Really appreciate your advice and thanks!

I haven't dived Lombok, but the weather should be OK for diving in late May as it is normally pretty good in Bali at that time of year - the winds don't normally start until early June. For five days I would probably just do one.

Probably one thing to check with any resort in Lombok is to use google maps to see how far the resort is from the nearest mosque (aka muslim alarm clock).

Back
Top Bottom