Long classes or split up, with or without LDS home base?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That appears to be a very thoughtfully excecuted class schedule. Just enough time off to unwind and recharge...

Indeed. It worked well for us as we all had tech training so were used to handling multiple bottles which made it easy for Danny to put the stage stuff in a bit earlier and cover survey enough to allow us to actually go and do a survey on a "cave 2" dive.

(OF course he made it clear that our survey dives, in the system that he told us to survey were the ONLY C2 dives we were authorized to do at that point :)

This is also nice in that you get to do the in-water survey, otherwise it might be limited to just classroom discussion and land drills (it's not a required in-water skill but it was very illuminating to actually get to do it and to make a map --- although RJacks "map" had them tunneling through about 30 feet of solid rock to make it all line up)

We added a day to our class, since Danny had had good experiences with that in the past and it was a very nice thing to do.

Your welcome.... and you owe Richard and I a beer! :D

Since when do you drink beer? I think they owe you a margarita . . .

This is also nice in that you get to do the in-water survey, otherwise it might be limited to just classroom discussion and land drills (it's not a required in-water skill but it was very illuminating to actually get to do it and to make a map --- although RJacks "map" had them tunneling through about 30 feet of solid rock to make it all line up)

You lie!

First, that was Kevin's map and 2nd it was perfect!!!!

You lie!

First, that was Kevin's map and 2nd it was perfect!!!!

Yeah! Its not our fault the original mapping was wrong! How close was YOUR map on closing the loop????

Back to the original topic though. What I found at the C2 level was that there was not a tremendous amount of lecture and very little in the way of dry runs. If I remember correctly maybe one on jumps, a small discussion on circuits and deco bottles and something on stage management.

It was mostly about doing the dives in systems, gaining experience and refining skills. We seemed to get back each day in somewhat reasonable amount of time. I certainly don't remember any 12+ hour days.

JJ just posted a video on facebook of him driving home after a 20+ hour dive this weekend. What's everyone crying about? :wink:

No, Kevin, you and Richard got home at very reasonable hours every day. You got physically tired, though.

No, Kevin, you and Richard got home at very reasonable hours every day. You got physically tired, though.

Sure, but no more so that I have doing stage dives after class. C2 in MX is alot of swimming, no way around that.

The day we did our circuit combined with the swim test I think we swam on the order of 7000ft. ~1200ft or so of that was swimming an incapacitated Danny out of Ponderosa/Little Joe. We also did a fair chunk of swimming (90min dives w/stages) in Mayan Blue and Tortuga.

Stage swim dives in MX are just gonna be long whether its a class or not.

JJ just posted a video on facebook of him driving home after a 20+ hour dive this weekend. What's everyone crying about? :wink:

Exactly. If GUE is expecting their divers to rise to the "exploration" diver level, the 5day courses are good primers on that.

:) Thread CLOSED :)

although interestingly from what I understand, those guys are so hopped up on crazy O2 exposures they (except lungs) probably feel like a million dollars.

This was definitely the case for The Pit dives AG and NickT did

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom