Long classes or split up, with or without LDS home base?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back to the original topic though. What I found at the C2 level was that there was not a tremendous amount of lecture and very little in the way of dry runs. If I remember correctly maybe one on jumps, a small discussion on circuits and deco bottles and something on stage management.

It was mostly about doing the dives in systems, gaining experience and refining skills. We seemed to get back each day in somewhat reasonable amount of time. I certainly don't remember any 12+ hour days.

We definitely had 1 or 2 long days at the beginning, mainly trying to get the survey stuff covered for our "day off"

However, we didn't need much work on the stage/deco bottles. After our first deco switch, Danny said something like "Well, that went pretty good" and that was that.

With the stage dives, we discussed the gas planning and then got in the water.

So I could imagine if those things were new to us then maybe more land-work would need to be done.

the final 3 days were pretty reasonable with just the one experience dive on last day. Almost civil :)

No, Kevin, you and Richard got home at very reasonable hours every day. You got physically tired, though.

Yeah thats what I said. We got home at reasonable hours in our class. :confused:

Sure we did get tired. But since then we have done several 3 1/2+ hour double stage dives down in Mexico and a double double Grand Traverse at Peacock. I get a bit tired after those as well.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom