Long hose config

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-for whatever it is worth, I just can't get a 5' to work for me. The 7' and 22/24 combo works fine for me (with practice). "Practice" meaning you will find a way to secure the 7 footer so that it doesn't always work loose. Keep at it, worthwhile.
The 5-0 did not work for me as well. didn't know if I should put it in front of or behind my necklace. with a 7ft tucked at the waist, there was no no issue as the hose came up at wide angle conflicted neither with the alternate or the right chest d-ring. I opted for a 5-6 hose. I just keep a little slack in the loop under my chin. The 7 was just too long for me and I don't use a can.

I am an OW Rec diver, I use a 22 backup, I tried a 5' primary but didn't like it seemed a little short I suspect a 6' may have been fine. I now use a 44" primary routed under my arm with a 90 degree adapter. I like this set up.

Well, I went and measured my original hose and it turned out it was a 32 incher for both the primary and the secondary. I opted for the 5 foot hose on the primary and a 24 inch secondary. I tried the 5' hose in my living room today and seems good so far. Didn't receive the short hose yet but when it does I'll put the whole rig in the pool. Thanks everyone for the comments.

I tend to use a 24" on single tank - but recently changed to a new wing (with no STA) and find it is a little long. May try the 22" on my new singles set-up.

I use both a 24" and 22" on doubles (2 sets). 24" works nicely. The 22" does work, but can be a little too tight if I really screw my neck to the left side.

I always use a 7' long hose, on both single and doubles. 5' just doesn't work for me, even when routed downwards from a Mk25 end port.

Back
Top Bottom