Long hose for aqualung legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

passeparici

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Aqualung Legend 3 is with short hose and I would like to put it in a long hose configuration (210 or 7' :wink:).My shop told me that you cannot do it for the Aqualung Legend as it is not "authorized" by Aqualung o_O. What do you think ?

My Aqualung Legend 3 is with short hose and I would like to put it in a long hose configuration (210 or 7' :wink:).My shop told me that you cannot do it for the Aqualung Legend as it is not "authorized" by Aqualung o_O. What do you think ?
You need a new shop.

I think you need a new "My Shop".

Scuba hoses have standardized fittings so you can choose any hose type and length with any 1st and 2nd designed to work off the same intermediate pressure.

LOL. Complete BS. I have dived a long-hose with my Legends for close to 20 years. AL does not require any particular hose length. No clue where shops come up with nonsense like this?!

He’s in France. Not going to affect many on SB.
For sur 😅

They told me it affects the sensibility, that I can understand but I thought it just need to be adjusted then ! Not that Aqualund did not recommend those hoses for the Legend...

Another question : Can I put the Legend as primary and another brand for the secondary ? Not sure about that !

Another question : Can I put the Legend as primary and another brand for the secondary ? Not sure about that !
The 2nd stage needs just needs to be designed to work off the same intermediate (low pressure hose) pressure as the 1st stage is delivering. 8-9 bar is pretty common for intended intermediate pressure for just about anything in the Apeks/Aqualung family. There are some slight differences though, with some 1st stages designed closer to 8 bar and some closer to 9. To make it easy, you probably should just keep the matched set of 1st and 2nd stages, and while you're at it, since you're going long hose you're probably going standardized and DIR, use the exact same primary and secondary 2nd stages so that they are 100% interchangeable in both parts and operation.

They told me it affects the sensibility

I assume you mean sensitivity? But no, it doesn’t. The first stage is going to deliver the same IP regardless of whether it’s on a 20 inch, 36 inch, 5 foot, or 7 foot hose. They are simply wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom