Looking at the Jetpack. Thoughts...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Though I have never dived one the only issue I've run into is trying to help a student streamline. there are NO connection points at the waist. I grabbed a couple quick links and bolt snaps and to hook up the octo and spg on the lowest loop on the shoulders. Not an issue with integrated octo and hose-less integrated computer, but not everyone has them. Another reason to go BP and harness. If you want a d ring some where you can add it. Completely customizable to the individual. I personally use a Hollis elite 2 harness. still has shoulder adjustments like a BC but is more comfortable and modular. I recommend BP and wings over BC's for a lot of reasons not only comfort, but if you damage a bc you need a whole new unit, not just a piece. Kids can grow out of a BC, but a harness can be adjusted to accommodate many body types, with some exceptions. Some kids are just too small for a plate. I use the same harness for singles and doubles, so the comfort and muscle memory doesn't change too much between setups. I always tell everyone that gets one though that they'll probably hate it until they get it dialed in, then they won't want to dive anything else. I've got over 500 dives on my harness, not one issue.

I just returned from a week in Roatan with the new Oceanic Jetpack. I took all my gear excluding my fins but including laptop, change of clothes, snacks, and some other odds and ends in the Jetpack as a carryon. The tank did not float away at all. Was very streamlined. I didn't notice any of the issues I did with the original Aeris model.

I just returned from a week in Roatan with the new Oceanic Jetpack. I took all my gear excluding my fins but including laptop, change of clothes, snacks, and some other odds and ends in the Jetpack as a carryon. The tank did not float away at all. Was very streamlined. I didn't notice any of the issues I did with the original Aeris model.

Scubasprout,
Is the new oceanic Jetpack out and available in LDSs? What I'm seeing for sale still says Aeris and I think it is the original model. Thanks for any insight.

This just popped into my mind, if you bring carry-on only, you can't bring dive knife with you!

Hi all!

im looking at the Jetpack setup for travelling. I'm really taken with the idea of not having to check anything at the airport (that's right, I'm one of those "carry on only" guys).
Ive done the standard searches on here & read about the tank lift problem. But all of the posts seemed to be a year old or older without anyone posting if this problem had been corrected.
Just wondering where things stand.

i appreciate any information you guys want to share...

Merry Christmas!
Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom