Looking at Waterproof dx7 any advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

giddyupca

Registered
Reaction score
im looking at buying the waterproof dx7 with there dryglove, any advice on durability of the suit and glove system

I’ve been diving a D7 for around 10 years. It is quite durable and has survived hundreds of dives. I did have to replace the zipper and boots last year due to wear but it’s still going strong.

I did not like the Antares glove system that came with it, primarily because I had problems with it coming off underwater. I replaced it with the Ultima system and have had no issues since. The Ultima is a plug and play replacement for the Antares; no modifications required. Replacing gloves can be done in field but is notoriously hard on the fingers. Replacing wrist seals is pretty easy. I have never had to replace the neck seal, so I can’t speak to how that works but I imagine it’s not too bad.

The D7 is a solid suit. You won’t regret it, just make sure you get the right size.

I've owned Poseidon, USIA, DUI, Diving Concepts, and a few Waterproof suits. The D7X is by far the best drysuit I've owned. It is lighter but stronger than other suits, including other Waterproof suits. It only takes a couple of minutes to change wrist or neck seals. I would take the Antares rings and throw them in the recycle bin immediately before diving the suit. Replace them with either the Waterproof Ultimas or Rolock90s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom