looking for a buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang Dave,

It would appear that at least 4 ladies care. There are tons of "male only" places, and I think it's great that women have a spot to hang out. I can fully understand why they would want to dive with someone of the same temperament and not with an arrogant and pushy know-it-all who invades their space. But hey, that's just my two cents!

Dear Dread,

an arrogant and pushy know-it-all
-Nice misandristic stereotyping of guys......funny how when a man enters a perceived bastion of women, to reiterate your term, they are called "invaders of their space" but when women do the same thing, they are called "civil rights pioneers" and "woman of the year".....

Too bad you ladies don't live closer to Pugetropolis ... there's plenty of women divers out here. Some of my favorite dive buddies are women ... married and otherwise. We don't worry too much about spouses. If they don't dive, they're always welcome to come along and do "shore patrol" ... :D

Although I occasionally do meet someone who'll show a preference for male or female dive buddies, I rarely meet anyone who's spouse cares one way or the other about it. After all, it's tough to get "frisky" in a drysuit ... :eek:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
After all, it's tough to get "frisky" in a drysuit ... :eek:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

And a little too cold to "do it on the bottom"......ROFL

It's a good thing none of the non-diving women around here don't have that "jealousy" problem, I'd be SERIOUSLY lacking in dive buddies.......

But yes, too bad you aren't here.

Your reality is a bit skewed. When a guy invades a space and is arrogant and pushy, they might be stereotyped as just what they are. This is especially true if it obvious that they like hearing themselves pontificate with a smattering of sesquipi dalians thrown in for good measure. But many times they are merely given a wink and we are admonished that “boys will be boys”. However, if a woman dares to discretely enter a male only space they are more often called the "b" word and sometimes far worse. The disparity is painfully obvious to all but a few who usually fit my third sentence to a “t”.

I for one, have no problem with women seeking same for diving. I am sure they don't either.

First...gold4: If your SO has a problem with you diving with men, then to me that speaks of a lack of trust and if it keeps you from diving as often as you´d like then that´s a problem. Having said that realtionships are all about compromise isn´t it? -Good luck finding a female dive-buddy...
DPR: Saying that you have no problem with women looking for someone of the same "temerament" should rightly be viewed as sexist in it self (in the context) as to whether women or men should be more offended by that sentence I figure is close to a draw...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom