Looking for a mini spear.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XxMerlinxX

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all, I recently saw a video where a diver took out a lionfish with a small spear that seemed like it was only about 2' long. I've been looking around online and can only seem to find spears in the 4'-6' range. Was I hallucinating or does a smaller spear like this actually exist?

Check this reefprotectioninc.com

X-Man,

If you do not want to spend all that money for the mini-spear, if you have a speargun already or if you want to buy a cheep one to carry, try the SPEAGEAR speargun holster.
FY2011, SPEARGEAR will donate $5.00 of each holster purchase to REEF. This Organization will use the money to educate and do research on the loinfish problem. Just another alternative. Please PM me or go to The Official SPEARGEAR Site. Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF) | Diving That Counts

Anthony
Speargear
The Official SPEARGEAR Site

They all will work.. . But you need to make sure that you use a kill spike. Lionfish can keep on cruising with a hole or two in them and all you've done is teach them to be afraid of scubadivers.

Check out Leisurepro.com. I use a 22" that I modified to accept an extra band. It can stick a spear through a Lingcod skull, and works fine in thick kelp forests.

Found another option at acuspear.com that looks similar to the E.L.F. My only question would be how long the stainless steel spring that operates both devices lasts before starting to corrode.

Found another option at acuspear.com that looks similar to the E.L.F. My only question would be how long the stainless steel spring that operates both devices lasts before starting to corrode.
The elf has been in use for over 1 year and no breakdown or corrosion
gb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom