Looking for a scooter for shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mello-yellow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can someone recommend me a reliable scooter with at least 60 minutes battery time, under $1500? And by "reliable" I mean it can bang against rocks on a shore dive, and the gear wheels are not made of plastic -- which is the case with SeaDoos, and are usually the first thing to fail. Does not need to be rated deeper than 100'.

Fairdinkum a few minutes ago I just fitted a T handle to a Gavin

039.JPG

for diving here

005.JPG

and there

044.JPG

and other places

At $1500 you should be able to get a used "proper scooter" (compared to Seadoo thats is)? A blacktip, an SUEX or so?

My wife insists that if I am spending that much money on a scooter, it has to come with a warranty. And with a good reason -- my first SeaDoo GTI was replaced for free under warranty.

Blacktip Travel. You won't get a metal case scooter with built in battery for anywhere near what your budget is. BT travel is $1900 and then you'll need x2 9AH batteries to get going. They're fairly robust so long as you're not slamming them into rocks or dropping them. We shore dive here with them and they hold up well.

Screenshot_20231030_072548_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Buy a SeaDoo…you just flushed the purchase price down the drain. I‘ve ~~>had<~~ two.
Buy a BlackTip, you have something. I have two of these babies myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom