Looking for advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not a Red Sail fan either.
Suggest you encourage your wife to do class and pool components of a certification course in home city and have a referral to do open water component in GC.
Happy Fish is a very good training operation and they dive out of the shore site at Turtle Reef which is shallow, calm, and has easy access to the ocean.
The small west bay operators provide personalized service and do not pack their boats. I think they will all pick you up at your hotel and drop you back after diving.

With a rental car you can circumnavigate island and visit many uncrowded places to explore and snorkle...fyi

With a rental car you can circumnavigate island and visit many uncrowded places to explore and snorkle...fyi

That was out thought as well. We are looking at what else there is to do on the island other than diving now. I am packing some gear to see how much weight my BC,Fins, and mask will be.

A big thanks to all who have posted. I am looking at a few different places and have to email/call a few.

Dive stingray city. Its only 15 feet or so and a blast. I've got vimeo vids if you are interested. Also best shore dives are turtle reef at macabuca. And go on Monday for the BBQ. Lighthouse point is a great shoredive as well.

Macabuca and Cracked Conch are closed until October 10th for vacation. Sun Divers is still open, though.

IIRC the Westin put down reef balls a few years ago off the beach for a snorkel trail also.

You're thinking of the Marriott, which will re-open after a refit in early/mid October. Westin has a small but natural reef 160 yards off shore within the swim zone

You're thinking of the Marriott, which will re-open after a refit in early/mid October. Westin has a small but natural reef 160 yards off shore within the swim zone

Yea that is where we were originally booked but they are doing construction so they paid for the upgraded room also at the Westin. We are not paying for anything but Resort fee. The airfare we are only taxes and fees. Total of about $400 maybe a little less. The benefits of a traveling wife.

I have reached out to turtle divers and a few others. Waiting to hear back on them. I like that snorkel guide, thanks for that. Been doing a ton of reading that my eyes are crossed. My BC, fins, mask, and snorkel are going with me as well as my computer. It is only 15lbs including suitcase. the comp, mask, and snorkel are going on my carry on as well as the camera.

Check out scubaba.com, there are several cayman shops on the site with reviews, and you can send messages to the shops directly through the site.

Thanks to all. I booked my trips and dives along with snorkel places that we can do on our own on the East side. Have ton of stuff planned and maybe half a day to 3/4th free on thursday. Can't wait!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom