Looking for an easy beach dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before going to Catalina to dive the park why not look into a dive boat like the Great Escape or another boat. They do three tank Catalina trips that are very beginner friendly and sometimes have some great deals which might be inline with what you would pay for the two of you to get over to the island and spend a day shore diving.

But then what would I know I'm from Norcal.
I'm just saying :idk:

Before going to Catalina to dive the park why not look into a dive boat like the Great Escape or another boat. They do three tank Catalina trips that are very beginner friendly and sometimes have some great deals which might be inline with what you would pay for the two of you to get over to the island and spend a day shore diving.

But then what would I know I'm from Norcal.
I'm just saying :idk:

From a cost point of view, it really is a wash if you take a dive boat, get free food and 3 dives as it is to take the ferry over and then get food before heading back and a lot less hassle IMHO.

I vote for a boat dive instead of the dive park the cost is about the same & you don't have to deal with the hassel of the express. I suggest the Spectre it's a great dive boat with awesome food. If money is an issue & I know what you mean I also agree with Laguna as being a good beach dive. Heisler Park & Divers Cove are 2 easy access beach dives.

John

Thanks guys. We already did Catalina. That's where she got her certification so I'm looking for a new place.

If you don't mind driving a few hours, La Jolla is a really easy beach dive, and with Power Scuba there are always a lot of organized shore dives with plenty of people to help you out. I was even able to get my wife to do a beach dive there last year when we were in La Jolla for a wedding. Check them out at Power Scuba (aka Scuba Diving in San Diego County ) (La Jolla, CA) - Meetup

When conditions are right, Deer Creek is about the easiest dive I've found in the Malibu area. You can park free right by the stairs and there aren't that many steps. The beach is sandy and the reef isn't too far out.

You didn't say which part of the LA area you live. The book A Diver's Guide to Southern California's Best Beach Dives by Dale Sheckler of California Diving News is a good resource

September 17 is Coastal Cleanup Day, and the Malibu Pier is one location in LA county for diving. See Coastal Cleanup Day There should be some other divers around to help you and your daughter. As long as the waves don't look anything like this weekend!

White point u can drive right to the water.....also Picnic Beach/Heisler Park in Laguna easy walk, parking is close,you can set up in the park.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom