Recommendations for easy diving in Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why do you favor local owned a run shops? At the end probably all money is spend in the local economy. Furthermore, it is often not very clear who the real owners are.
It's not that difficult to tell...a shop with all Indonesian staff is a good start. One can also ask them. Places that don't say "tauchen" and "plongee" are also good signs 😜 For advance technical or rebreather diving a foreign run shop, or at least one with foreign instructors, may be necessary but for basic classes or fun diving, local instructors or guides can handle the job.

OK, here is a question, which locally owned and run dive shops in Sanur and Amed and/or Tulamben would you guys use?
I like to support the locals, when I can.
I leave next week and have not settled on a shop to use.
Thanks in advance.
Wonder Dive in Tulamben and Dream Divers or Bali Dive Cove in Amed. All small locally owned and operated shops, with great staff.

Wonder Dive in Tulamben and Dream Divers or Bali Dive Cove in Amed.
Thanks, and Sanur ? I am there for a time as well, I know I have to travel, my wife has an art class there, you know how it goes, happy wife... you know the rest.

Tulamben in November.

Sanur is a long shallow sandy beach with lots of boat traffic. A good gateway to Nusa Penida. Not good and safe way for diver. Forget about diving in Sanur.

Forget about diving in Sanur.
I am not diving in Sanur, only staying there for awhile, I am looking for trips to Nusa Pendia and every shop I have been in contact in Sanur goes there, just asking for a recommendation of a dive shop to use there.
Last count there were 13.

I am not diving in Sanur, only staying there for awhile, I am looking for trips to Nusa Pendia and every shop I have been in contact in Sanur goes there, just asking for a recommendation of a dive shop to use there.
Last count there were 13.

My dive guide for the past 15 years in Bali is Today (a short name of Ketut Gede Somadhyana) from AquaCat Bali. You can contact him if you want to dive in Nusa Penida. You can contact him at:
WhatsApp: +62 813 3866 8146
e-mail : info@aquacatbali.com | todaytio_bali@yahoo.co.id

He actually can take you anywhere in Bali. I dove with him in Secret Bay, Menjangan, Pemuteran, Kubu, Tulamben, Amed, Candi Dasa, Gili Bahia, Gili Mimpang, Gili Topekong, Padangbai, Nusa Penida, Nusa Lembongan.

He even guided me diving in Sumbawa, Sangeang, Gili Banta and Komodo in 2022.

Say hi from me when you talk to him.

QUOTE="Pressurehead, post: 10261451, member: 519819"]
Thanks, and Sanur ? I am there for a time as well, I know I have to travel, my wife has an art class there, you know how it goes, happy wife... you know the rest.

Tulamben in November.
[/QUOTE]
Sorry I've never dived with any Sanur based shops...always go to the source (Tulamben and Amed ☺️).

My dive guide for the past 15 years in Bali is Today (a short name of Ketut Gede Somadhyana) from AquaCat Bali.
Thanks, I will see he can arrange a dive package of 12 or more dives. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom