Looking for cheap hotel in Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

never heard of it Simon but it looks good. I guess the stairs keep the hookers out so I shouldn't be expected to know of it. :p

Is there a better area of Singapore to stay as far as being close to "action" and not being too painful to get to/from airport? Seems like Hotel81 has places all over, and the other recommended ones are splattered around town.

Also - I have an overnight layover on my return (get to SIN at 8p and leave at 6a) so I figured I would get a hotel room for 6hrs at the airport. How do I know which part of the airport to book into? I guess there is one for each of 3 terminals. Do I just check with the airline (United) as to which I will be close to?

Thanks!

I think there is only airport hotel at the airport but it is very easy to get to. There are transit hotels within each terminal too. United flies into terminal 3.

Transit Hotel

Flying out at 6:00am though, there is no place in Singapore that will take you more than 40 minutes to get to the airport. Most places in town are 20-25 minutes away. You could consider seeing a bit of the city's night life. For a good flavor of rural Singapore, while still staying close to the airport, try Changi Village Hotel. Changi Village Hotel Singapore: Official Hotel Website - Best Available Rate Call to get the best rates though. I was just shocked to see the internet rate at S$260!

Hotel 81 over Geylan would be ok, because you dun wanna spend alot of money for just 3-4 hours sleep, or u can consider seeing a bit of singapore night life.

Sorry - the few hours is just on the return, so I will just stay in the Airport transit hotel in terminal 3. On the way out we are staying in Singapore for 3 nights to recover from travel and do some siteseeing. So we will have a few days and are looking for a decent but inexpensive place that is in a nice convenient part of town.

Back
Top Bottom