Looking for dive buddies in Virginia and Maryland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello All!

Looking for a dive buddy or two in the Alexandria, Virginia area. I am in the military and was recently assigned to this area. I have a new :crafty: boat and am willing to take it to dive sites within Maryland and Virginia. Would like any information on Lake Summersville in West Virginia, hear the lake is awesome for boating, scuba, camping, and rock climbing, all of my favorite activities. I have my own equipment and two sets of tanks.

Best Regards

Mike

There are several wrecks in the waters of the Chesapeake Bay and her tributaries, visibility in the warm months would be better for a blind man. Plus I know a few good places for UW metal detecting if your into that.

Welcome to VA. The nearest diving for "practice" is Millbrook Quarry in Haymarket. Slightly better vis than the Potomac or Chesapeake "blind man" that Tobagoman was refering to - a whopping 10 -20 feet! Its run by The Dive Shop in Vienna.

A number of local dive shops in the area, which I'm sure you've dsicovered. I work with Adventure Scuba in Chantilly because they are very friendly, but that may not be he most convenient for you. There is also an active independent SCUBA club call Olney at www.scubaadventure.org, based in the Marylend suburbs that meets every month.

Mike,
if you ever want to bring your boat down to the Va Bch area i could show you some great dive spots for wrecks. just sold my boat, but my buddies and I still try to dive evry week end.

Mike, I'm near Ft. Meade, MD if you're interested in coming this way to do any diving.

I am in glen burnie md looking for a dive buddy I am 53 and have 22 dives so far, most in fl and the gulf .

Ray jackson

We live not too far from Summersville Lake in WV and we will probably be up there this weekend getting in some shore dives if you are interested.

Hello Mike,

Welcome to the area and to the board. I am in Elkridge and work in DC. Let me know if you need a buddy. Also, we have a group of divers in the area who travel in a regular basis to NC and SC. Let me know if you are interested.

Welcome to the board!

In MD here. Live on the Eastern Shore. Work at the Naval Academy. Just thought I'd recommend Lake Rawlings as a weekend destination too.

Hope you enjoy your tour here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom