looking for dive Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are many great people to dive with in this area. Most of the people I currently dive with I met on ScubaBoard. gchaney a lot of us post upcoming dives on here so people can join in. I would be glad to dive with you and introduce you to some of the great folks around here. I am not familiar with all of the drama mentioned so far...and don't want to be. I just enjoy diving with great people, and I am happy to say i have met many here on Scubaboard.

I wasn't able to make Vortoberfest this year either. If you went on Saturday most of the folks were probably either on the boat dive or at the jetties, Morrison, or Cypress during the day. You usually don't find many people hanging around on Saturday during the day.

I will PM you and see if we can line something up. Maybe a group of us can meet out at Fort Pickens sometime soon. What about it Walter, ready for another saltwater dive?

Maybe a group of us can meet out at Fort Pickens sometime soon. What about it Walter, ready for another saltwater dive?

If you do, please post it! I'm also fairly new to the area (and diving) and would love to do another Pickens dive.

Pickens sounds great. I cant wait to do the Oriskany it will be soon if i have much to say about it. What are you all wearing for exposure this time of year?

We are starting to get in that weird in-between time of year. In the Gulf I generally wear a 3mm this time of year if going deep. Depending upon your personal "insulation" you might get away with simply a skin at Fort Pickens or a jetty dive. Rob just reported that it was around 70 degrees at depth on the Oriskany. Until the water starts to cool down more I will stick with my 3mm for a while. After that I go to my 5 mm or 7 mm for the winter months.

ok i am coming from 80 degree waters of Okinawa where i just wore a rash guard shirt so it may take a little getting used to. Vortex was a little chilly but i managed with my 3mm

Don't be looking for sympathy from me if you got to dive in Okinawa!:D But if you were comfortable at Vortex in 68 degree water in a 3mm, you should be okay with a 3mm in the Gulf....at least for a while. The coldest water I have dove in the Gulf was 54 degrees in the winter.

ok i am coming from 80 degree waters of Okinawa where i just wore a rash guard shirt so it may take a little getting used to. Vortex was a little chilly but i managed with my 3mm

ok thank you yes Okinawa was great and super cheap i was paying less then three dollars per rental tank with free fills compared to 7 to 10 dollars here. I cant wait to dive the Oriskany though there weren't many wrecks out there.

Back
Top Bottom