Looking for Healthways parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John, that's it in the first picture. I gobbed some silicone on the diaphragm when I had it apart. The small rubber diaphragm with the clamp is also pretty hard and seems brittle. I didn't dare take it off. The reg had been hung up in a barn in North Carolina, so it was exposed to temperature extremes and who knows what kind of fumes for years. The hoses were apparently rotten so our patient just cut them off and got rid of them.

Herman, thanks much, I've always enjoyed diving the old stuff - gets you in touch with your roots, so to speak.

Duke,

That was the first Healthways SCUBA regulator, and the exhaust system through the little holes required a small duckbill in it. The theory was that the flexible diaphragm would allow air pressure to seal it to the inner horn. I have done a lot of experimenting on this regulator, and it is documented in this thread on The Healthways Scuba Regulator.

Enjoy,

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom