Looking for Hin Daeng/Muang/Koh Ha boat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe

Registered
Reaction score
Are there any overnight trips from Phuket to the Southern dive sites (Hin Daeng, Hin Muang, Koh Ha, etc.)? We can't do four days, only two. If you know of any, can you please give name of boat and company, and contact info it you have it. Thank you.

That sounds much closer to the mark than Racha Noi!!! There again there are probably plenty of speed boat operators offering the same day service from Phuket where the OP will be staying.

That said, many of the operators out of Krabi will charter such a boat when there is enough demand.

If you go for a speedboat option, check out the Wind Guru website too. We usually find that the sea state once we get past Phi Phi, will mean the sea will be twice that hight once we get to HD/HM. It's the decision point on whether to carry on, run to Koh Haa instead, or worst case stay at Phi Phi. We have on our staff, the operator of the old Sea Fa boat who used to make the trip on a regular basis.

Last edited:
If you go for a speedboat option, check out the Wind Guru website too. We usually find that the sea state once we get past Phi Phi, will mean the sea will be twice that hight once we get to HD/HM. It's the decision point on whether to carry on, run to Koh Haa instead, or worst case stay at Phi Phi. We have on our staff, the operator of the old Sea Fa boat who used to make the trip on a regular basis.
Normally from this time of year on that should start to get less and less of an issue.

But yes, there are also daytrips from Phuket, plus besides the already emtnioned overnight trips also a few options for 3 day/3 nights trips, but that will probably be too long for the OP.

Sorry for the "Semi-Hijack" Maybe, but I just read on another board that the condition of Din Muang was not very good, basicaly said it was all brown and green rock and the soft corals were pretty much gone. Now this report, and pic, was from 2 years ago. Has a lot of the soft corals regenerated? I was planning a couple days diving down there... and was a little dismayed to hear this. Can anyone confirm, or dispute this guys report? ??

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34015

Greg

Last edited:
Those reports were not justified at the time.

And on top of that it has improved tremendously, so I would definately recommend a visit to Hin Daeng and Hin Muang.

Those reports were not justified at the time.

And on top of that it has improved tremendously, so I would definately recommend a visit to Hin Daeng and Hin Muang.

whew... good to hear!!!! Yeah, that was the first I had heard anything negative, glad it isn't accurate.

Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom