Looking for Ikelite 125 to RENT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ulrikakroon

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi all,

As some of you already know I just had my (it's Matt's actually but I've adopted it) Ikelite strobe DS 125 broken. I have no idea what the problem is (did open it up and now know a lot about electronics and how to put things together that shouldn't be taken apart in the first place) and it seems I have to send it to the US to get it fixed.
Unfortunately this coincides with me going to Truk lagoon soon - without strobe!!!!! DISASTER.
Does anybody know about a place where you could rent strobes? Very unlikely, but I'll try... :confused:

you goin on Odysea aren't you? They might have one for rent, can you contact them?

WHy on earth would Matt have one in the first place...??? He has no artistic eye....

And Ike should be able to get one back to you within 2 weeks if you ask them to priority ship. They usually just give you a new one, they are very good with customer service....

When do you leave?

Come on Mike, be a good samaritan and ship your strobe out to Chuuk for Ulrika!

Hey Ulrika,

Which part is broken, the main head or the Battery? If it is the wires on the switch in the battery i can send you a photo/ diagram of how to re-wire it if you like. If its the main head then you need to send to Ikelite..... I used to be able to get a 2 week turn around from them when i lived in Palau, they are awesome with customer service.

Simon

Hey!

Back from three INTERESTING days in Subic. No vis, strange company!
Anyway, it seems to be the main head broken in the 125 so I had no other choice but to sent it away to the US.
I leave for TRuk in less than two weeks though so no luck there, will have to use my little ****ty strobe, and I doubt they will send me a new one, the warranty has expired...:(
And yes Mike, there is a reason why I am using the strobe, and Matt is not... hehe
cheers

ulrikakroon:
Hey!

Back from three INTERESTING days in Subic. No vis, strange company!
Anyway, it seems to be the main head broken in the 125 so I had no other choice but to sent it away to the US.
I leave for TRuk in less than two weeks though so no luck there, will have to use my little ****ty strobe, and I doubt they will send me a new one, the warranty has expired...:(
And yes Mike, there is a reason why I am using the strobe, and Matt is not... hehe
cheers

Ha! Baka nga! I'm too busy playing with my new scooter to mess around with that photo poop... I now officially have a new favorite piece of dive gear :D

matt_reed:
Ha! Baka nga! I'm too busy playing with my new scooter to mess around with that photo poop... I now officially have a new favorite piece of dive gear :D
that will last about 5 dives, then you will be bored of it....

Congrats on your new purchase.... :kiss:

Back
Top Bottom